Author Topic: The "Wayback Machine"  (Read 5901 times)

RC Drown

• Proven posts ok.
  • Full throttle user!
Re: The "Wayback Machine"
« Reply #292 on: December 25, 2016, 05:26:36 AM »
Thanks Go, and Merry Christmas to you and your family

Go Fleiter

• Full throttle user!
« Reply #291 on: December 25, 2016, 04:33:44 AM »
Hallo Bob!
  I feel good to see You back !
All the good for Your and Your people!
And happy Christmas!
Greetings form D?sseldorf!
Go
Living in D?sseldorf/Germany, retired Dentist, wife retired lawyer, 2 daughters Judge and psychologist, 2 Grandchilds-Sorry for bad English
I like :travelling Europe in my very original 51 Ply, :My whole basement HO Germany based Model Railroad :Prototype PennsyRR :50ties stuff :Italy

RC Drown

• Proven posts ok.
  • Full throttle user!
« Reply #290 on: December 23, 2016, 06:56:07 PM »
Thanks Tom, I came home today after 8 days in rehab, I see my cardiac surgeon next Wednesday and will go form there

twpoulter

• Tom
  • Full throttle user!
« Reply #289 on: December 12, 2016, 02:52:35 AM »
Thought I would copy this across from the FaceBook page as some of us may not be aware Bob has had open heart surgery recently, this is what Patty wrote " Bobs update today. I think he is doing amazingly. He has been moved out of icu to coronary cooler step down Unit. He has been out of bed and walked in the hall several times. His nasal gastric tube was removed and he's on a regular diet. He looks good and said he doesn't feel too bad. He is very tired. He said to say hi to all and to thank you again for reaching all of the prayers and we'll wishes." What I have come to know of Bob he won't be offline for long. God speed an early recovery.
Tom in the UK       1933 PDX R/S Coupe RHD
1934 PE PU if there was one              1941 PT125 
One day I will get at least one of them on the road

RC Drown

• Proven posts ok.
  • Full throttle user!
« Reply #288 on: November 10, 2016, 06:00:05 AM »
Go,

Thanks for the photos and kind words

Go Fleiter

• Full throttle user!
« Reply #287 on: November 10, 2016, 04:44:30 AM »
Bob, "Kink of Neversink" (  :)) makes a better rime than king!)
  I heartly agree to Tom?s words!
And best wishes added to Your Cooper too!
Our dog Cooper had only 2 Plymouth occasions this year, because familiy duties kept the Ply in its garage most of the year.
 As my 91 year old mother?s move from Bonn to a new place 1 block from my house in D?sseldorf is nearly complete, the coming year promises to be more Plymouth and Cooper orientated.
  In the meantime our Zoo likes relaxing...
  All the best from here!!
Yours Go
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 04:45:16 AM by Go Fleiter »
Living in D?sseldorf/Germany, retired Dentist, wife retired lawyer, 2 daughters Judge and psychologist, 2 Grandchilds-Sorry for bad English
I like :travelling Europe in my very original 51 Ply, :My whole basement HO Germany based Model Railroad :Prototype PennsyRR :50ties stuff :Italy

RC Drown

• Proven posts ok.
  • Full throttle user!
« Reply #286 on: November 07, 2016, 06:55:25 AM »
Tom,

Thanks for the kind words, it has been a roller coaster ride for my wife and I now for close to five years, but with the good Lord over looking us and all the help from family and friends, we have both survived for another day.

Yes, I do enjoy the Plymouth Owner's Club very much, sometimes I feel that I am a PITA with all the postings that I do, but I have to admit, I love the club, my 1940 "Wayback Machine" that is a driver, not a show car, plus as you and most everyone else knows, I love sharing my rides in the car with Cooper as my GPS unit.  LOL.  These old cars are truly a time machine and need to be driven and shown off to the general public.

Again, thanks for the kind words my friend and yes Tom, I count you as a true friend

twpoulter

• Tom
  • Full throttle user!
« Reply #285 on: November 07, 2016, 03:15:21 AM »
Hi Bob thought it about time I came across for a chat, know your hon a bit of a roller coaster with your health issues ongoing but you just go day at a time and be good to yourself. Nothing to prove, no mountains to climb and for goodness sake stop putting yourself day about your size, I for one don't want to read about this FAT old man, the Dr's can tell you to lose weight but have you noticed the size of some of them. We are what we are, if you were seven feet tall they wouldn't have a problem with your 50" waste, you just tell them you endurance testing a Plymouth for Walter Chrysler and he's not going to get the results any time soon. Love your stories, your openness, Patty and your family, trips in the car and the plow, your a great ambassador to the Plymouth brand. King of Neversink.

Hope this gives you a smile it comes from the heart to a very dear friend I found along life road.
Tom in the UK       1933 PDX R/S Coupe RHD
1934 PE PU if there was one              1941 PT125 
One day I will get at least one of them on the road

RC Drown

• Proven posts ok.
  • Full throttle user!
« Reply #284 on: July 12, 2016, 06:17:42 AM »
Thank you

downes

• First Gear
« Reply #283 on: July 11, 2016, 08:42:13 PM »
Bob, finally located the magazine issue that had an article about Ron Brubaker's 1940 Plymouth P10 business coupe. It is the January 1992 edition of the Mopar Collectors Guide, pages 46 - 49. Sorry it took me so long to locate this. Hope you can find it.
Bob

Go Fleiter

• Full throttle user!
how to post fotos + example pic
« Reply #282 on: June 29, 2016, 07:01:22 AM »
Hi Bob Downes,
To write down this instruction, I had to run through the procedure myself.
The tag is bolted to the air filter screw and remembers me, when the biannual oilchange of transmission, overdrive, universalshaft and differential is due (older foto!)!

- click button "reply" (headline)
- click line below text input space "Attachments and other options"
- click below "search" (I only have the german name "durchsuchen")
         (-you get Your explorer index)
- choose Your image file (observe number and size restrictions!)
- click "preview" to check
- click "post"

Greetings from D?sseldorf!
Go
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 09:35:42 AM by Go Fleiter »

Go Fleiter

• Full throttle user!
where is Cooper...?
« Reply #281 on: June 29, 2016, 06:41:40 AM »
Is he "looking" for rabbits?  :))
Go

And Bill, tks for the hint, I got my copy today!

later:
... I had time to read the "Wayback machine" article in the Bulletin- I?m so sorry to read from Your wife?s illness! All the best wishes from here!
  And now I sure know that Cooper was looking after her! Good doggy!
Greetings!
Go
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 09:21:22 AM by Go Fleiter »

RC Drown

• Proven posts ok.
  • Full throttle user!
« Reply #280 on: June 25, 2016, 09:12:47 PM »
Bill you are correct about the bulletin being posted on line, but for some reason this current issue hasn't been.  I am sure it will be eventually as Mark does a great job

Fun day today, the "Wayback Machine"  took back to haying as we did when I was growing up

Bill Davis

• Full throttle user!
« Reply #279 on: June 25, 2016, 07:22:25 PM »
Bob Downes,

If you want, you can send the photos to me and I will be happy to post them here for you.
wldavis3 (at) comcast (dot) net
-Bill Davis, Florence,AL
1951 Plymouth P-23 Cambridge 4 door

Bill Davis

• Full throttle user!
« Reply #278 on: June 25, 2016, 07:19:20 PM »
Go,

Did you know that The Bulletin is downloaded to the Store and you can read it for free ?
Most of the time, this digital copy of The Bulletin is posted in the Store before you receive
the paper copy.  Also, the digital copy is very clear and you can enlarge the pages if you
need a closer look at some detail.
-Bill Davis, Florence,AL

downes

• First Gear
« Reply #277 on: June 25, 2016, 12:41:09 AM »
The President of the Ohio Chapter at the time I got many parts was Ron Brubaker. His car was on the cover of the November-December issue of the Plymouth Bulletin, Issue No 191. Page 2 has a brief discussion about the photo. I thought there was also another article about the car in this  edition but don't see it since it covers 1941 Plymouths. Must be in another book I have somewhere. I'll try to locate it and let you know.

Bob

RC Drown

• Proven posts ok.
  • Full throttle user!
« Reply #276 on: June 24, 2016, 05:14:48 PM »
Bob,

Good to hear from you again,

Who was the Ohio President that you got parts from and what issue was his write up in the bulletin?  I have most all of my back issues from 1994 5o present, it would give me something to do on a rainy day to look for that issue.

I was out yesterday with mine, put approx. 60 miles on her running around and taking photos.

Years ago Jim Benjaminson sent me a copy of the history of the 1940 Plymouth, If you are interested I can copy it and mail it to you

downes

• First Gear
« Reply #275 on: June 24, 2016, 04:09:58 PM »
Sorry for the delay in replying. I'm not a tech person so don't know how to attach photos and have very few. Acquired car about 25 years ago and has mainly been in storage because of work and moving quite a few years ago. Was, and actually still is a shell, totally stripped except for body and engine. No interior, trim, most glass and other parts. I acquired most needed items from vendors, club members and dealers but mainly still all in boxes. Have acquired most parts and quite a few duplicates to have restored but just now having it done. If I learn how to send photos, I will do.

Bob

RC Drown

• Proven posts ok.
  • Full throttle user!
« Reply #274 on: June 22, 2016, 03:43:46 AM »
Thanks so much Go

Go Fleiter

• Full throttle user!
« Reply #273 on: June 22, 2016, 01:34:08 AM »
Hi Bob!
  Best wishes for Patty! Couldn?t yet read Your article.
I still didn?t get my Magazine copy, it always does arrive a couple of days ! weeks later than in the US.
Yours Go

RC Drown

• Proven posts ok.
  • Full throttle user!
« Reply #272 on: June 19, 2016, 09:07:08 PM »
Bob,

Thanks for the kind words, yes the similarity is neat.  When you get time, could you please post some photos of your car?  I sure would appreciate you doing  so.   Are you aware of the POC facebook page?

Thanks again,
Bob

downes

• First Gear
« Reply #271 on: June 19, 2016, 07:11:55 PM »
Enjoyed the recent March-April edition on 40 Plymouths and especially the article about you and your car. I was quite amazed that we have much in common. First, my name is Bob Downes. Second, I own a 1940 P10 Plymouth business coupe that has been in storage for many years but is now being worked on. And finally, I was also in the Air Force. Pretty amazing similarities. I was a member of the Plymouth Club many years ago and just recently rejoined when I took the car out of storage. Many of the parts being used to restore the car were obtained from the former President of the Ohio Chapter who also had a 1940 Business Coupe that took national awards and was on the cover of a past edition of the Plymouth Club magazine along with an article about him and the car.

Best Regards. Bob Downes

RC Drown

• Proven posts ok.
  • Full throttle user!
« Reply #270 on: June 14, 2016, 04:34:26 AM »
Thanks so much Bill for your prayers for Patty,  they are greatly appreciated, and yes, the kind words about my article

Bill Davis

• Full throttle user!
« Reply #269 on: June 14, 2016, 12:02:01 AM »
Bob,
I got my copy of the Mar/Apr issue, #337, of the POC magazine today.  Great article by you about your car and family.
I am so sorry Patty is not feeling well.  I pray she can overcome this illness.
-Bill Davis, Florence,AL

RC Drown

• Proven posts ok.
  • Full throttle user!
« Reply #268 on: June 02, 2016, 05:38:23 AM »
Good to hear from you.  I hope it doesn't take too long to get your parts and the car back on the road. No rain here the past few days, but it is suppose to rain tonight and tomorrow,  and then again on Sunday

Waiting to see some of that beautiful German countryside with the Plymouth included

Go Fleiter

• Full throttle user!
« Reply #267 on: June 02, 2016, 04:20:31 AM »
always nice to see You!
I?m waiting for Bernbaum?s master Brakecylinder, reworking a couple of gimmiks, 2 days of heaviest rains, but Ply is under its awning, cat sitting on top to have a good control of all!
 (When raining, the awning gets an arch support not to form water baloons.
Than I can hang additional canvas walls around like curtains too.)
Go

RC Drown

• Proven posts ok.
  • Full throttle user!
« Reply #266 on: June 01, 2016, 07:24:25 AM »
Just wanted to wish everyone a happy upcoming month of June

RC Drown

• Proven posts ok.
  • Full throttle user!
« Reply #265 on: April 19, 2016, 08:01:39 PM »
Crossing the Van Tran Covered bridge in Livingston Manor, NY that was built in 1860  I hope you enjoy the ride

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdbco7Uu-Ck

Go Fleiter

• Full throttle user!
« Reply #264 on: April 03, 2016, 05:04:58 AM »
beautiful!
Cooper seems to take a good eye on deer crossing!!
Here, season is beginning.
Next week brings Technoclassica Fair at Essen (Krupp?s City) 30 Plymouth minutes from me.
As beeing one of the biggest events in Europe, I always find bits and pieces.
Go

TodFitch

• Full throttle user!
  • 1933 PD Two Door Sedan
    • Plymouth: The First Decade
« Reply #263 on: March 30, 2016, 10:01:09 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P003fToTmx0

Just wanted to share

Nice country for cruising in an old car. Thanks for sharing!

RC Drown

• Proven posts ok.
  • Full throttle user!
« Reply #262 on: March 30, 2016, 07:39:24 PM »

RC Drown

• Proven posts ok.
  • Full throttle user!
« Reply #261 on: March 23, 2016, 06:43:12 PM »
Thanks for the kind words Go, they are appreciated greatly

Go Fleiter

• Full throttle user!
« Reply #260 on: March 23, 2016, 06:15:58 PM »
I like Your Post Card Idea! Very artisticaly done! Brings memories back:
In former years I shot holiday pic (on Kodakchrome Gold negatives!) brought them to the hnearest Foto business, got it back 3 or 4 days later, chose one for the post card, let it duplicate a dozen times, got them 3 or 4 days later and glued a Postcard back sticker on each. I took these stickers with me every time in the holidays and had them written to all friends  within the time I got the duplicates. Than , a couple of days remained before returning home. As this was usually in Italy - where the mail is (was?) veeeery slow, I often was back earlier than the postcards!
Was funny, anyhow.
One of these hung for 12 Years above the bar of my preferred italian  :))  Restaurant here!
Go

RC Drown

• Proven posts ok.
  • Full throttle user!
« Reply #259 on: March 22, 2016, 03:37:43 PM »
Just wanted to share

Sebastiano

• Proven posts ok.
  • Full throttle user!
    • club auto retro
« Reply #258 on: March 20, 2016, 08:34:54 PM »
Hi, nice to read all you
I went very busy for business and other but today
I spent time....
I post the pic
fantastic day, sun and nice cars...
the P8 still be the queen
Sebastiano - Italy   sebpatan@gmail.com
Owner Plymouth 29 U Touring - P8 Coupe De Luxe r/s

Go Fleiter

• Full throttle user!
« Reply #257 on: March 19, 2016, 03:40:46 AM »
This has a very nice mood!
Thank You!
Go

my33ply

• Full throttle user!
« Reply #256 on: March 15, 2016, 11:08:59 AM »
Beautifully done.....
Richard Cardeccia
1948 Plymouth DeLuxe 4 Door
1933 Plymouth PD Rumble Seat Coupe

RC Drown

• Proven posts ok.
  • Full throttle user!
« Reply #255 on: March 15, 2016, 04:58:59 AM »
A friend of mine did this for me.  I just had to share, doesn't it look like an old hand painted post card

Bill Davis

• Full throttle user!
« Reply #254 on: February 03, 2016, 10:52:03 AM »
Bob,

Thanks for the photos.  Yes, one of the thrills of owning an old car is talking to folks who have memories
of past times to share.
-Bill Davis, Florence,AL

RC Drown

• Proven posts ok.
  • Full throttle user!
« Reply #253 on: February 03, 2016, 06:17:07 AM »
Thanks Chet for the kind words.

Cooper and I were out and about again today, temps in the lower 50's and plenty of sunshine with no snow, no snow in the Catskills of NY on Feb 2, unheard of  LOL.

I drove up to the Beaverkill Covered Bridge which is about 30 miles from our house, but the bridge was closed for repairs, so I turned around and started for home, got a few miles from the bridge and there was an old barn that I wanted to get a photo of, just as I pulled over to stop, the owner was getting home also.  I got out of the Plymouth and asked him if he minded me getting a photo of his barn, he told me no to go ahead and as he said that he noticed the 1940 World's Fair plate topper that I have on my 1940 NY state License plate that also has the 1940 World's Fair on it.  He told me that he visited the fair as a young child.  I asked him to sit on my rear bumper so that I could get a photo of him by the plate and he said yes.  I then asked him if he had an email address, he said yes and when I got home I sent him this photo.  To me this is one of the greatest thrills of owning an old car, is the memories they bring back to people and yesterday I did just that