Introduction & question on 1950 Plymouth Deluxe engine color

Started by ol-nobull, September 21, 2018, 06:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Fleiter

We use WD 40 hoping it will penetrate after acouple of days annd applications.
If the sludge is too heavy and sticking at the stems, resist to apply
bare force: the smallest misalignment will leave the valves useless.
Than You will have to disassemble until getting straight access to the valves.

And yes, it is a pity that this once very effective and active beautiful forum could not get all the
valuable traffic back from the old patronage until today, even though technically restored now.
Good Luck!
Greetings from Düsseldorf!
Go
Living in Düsseldorf/Germany, retired Dentist, wife retired lawyer, 2 daughters Judge and psychologist, 3 Grandchilds-Sorry for bad English
I like- PennsyRR- travelling Europe in my very original 51 Ply- My whole basement HO Germany based Model Railroad- 50ties stuff- Italy
  •  

CHS

Jimmie,
If you look in the Plymouth Bulletin you get in the mail, you will see tech advisors for each specific car. In your case he would be David Pollock. Reach out to him and he will be able to assist you with anything you need to know about your car.
Happy Motoring, and as the late Bob Drown would say get out and enjoy your Plymouth.
Chuck
  •  

Go Fleiter

The P15 D24 Forum has a tech chapter.
As far as I remember, You can find a color list for engine + related assemblies there.
Block and head should be silver 1950.
Greetings from Düsseldorf!
Go

http://p15-d24.com/forum/20-technical-archives/
Living in Düsseldorf/Germany, retired Dentist, wife retired lawyer, 2 daughters Judge and psychologist, 3 Grandchilds-Sorry for bad English
I like- PennsyRR- travelling Europe in my very original 51 Ply- My whole basement HO Germany based Model Railroad- 50ties stuff- Italy
  •  

delaware39

I can't offer you a bit of advice about the colors, but let me welcome you to the club. Someone will have the knowledge you need. I hope you can get your car on the road soon. I feel your pain about the 12V conversion; the previous owner of my 39 changed over to 12 volt, too. I kept it 12V. The POC facebook page is very active. Be sure to post there, too. Have fun with your new car.
  •  

ol-nobull

Hi.  Kind of an introduction & a question.  I just got registered today & have a question on the original engine paint color for my 1950 Plymouth Deluxe 218 engine.    Also not sure if the dark green & white on the car are correct for this year.   I appear to be the third owner & it originally came out of New Mexico.   I purchased it from previous owner here in Texas.  Bought the car last month and have been busy going thru a lot of stuff to get everything working such as tune up, vacuum booster, muffler & tailpipe, & trouble shooting & replacing the poor wiring job from the 12 volt conversion done some years ago.  Many things just were not hooked up due to them not installing voltage reducer.  Lots of things just were not working but I am about done.   Installing new voltage reducer this weekend & checking & changing if necessary the rotation on both heater & defrost motors. Also installing a rebuilt original radio as the car had original factory deletes on this. 
I am getting close to having enough done to get it back on the road & should be there sometime next week.   
Jimmie Price   
Jimmie Price-Yoakum Texas - 1950 Plymouth Deluxe 4 door & 1946 Chevrolet Sport Coupe 
If it is not an inline 6 it's just a passing fad!
  •  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk