Author Topic: Hello from California  (Read 370 times)

twpoulter

• Tom
  • Full throttle user!
Re: Hello from California
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2018, 06:01:05 PM »
Hello Carla, just stumbled across your post, sad stories sometimes have to be told, we all at a time in our lives think we will live to 100 and drive our cars forever but reality at some point has to be taken into account. I'm in the UK slowly collecting a few Plymouth's which one day will run, My PD was a South African export in Sept 33, has been off the road since pre 1970, it was imported to the UK in 2002 now waiting for paint.  Then my PE Pick-up I imported that from Texas in 2014 have spent loads of time on this but still the story goes on.  My last is a 41 Pick-up it is coming along nicely, was hoping to have this one finished for September but don't think that possible. My Plymouth's have taken over my retirement, which keeps me out and about most of the week

I hope are successful in selling what you don't need but there must be items that you don't feel you can part with, keep checking in because it is the people that make a club, not the cars.
Tom in the UK       1933 PDX R/S Coupe RHD
1934 PE PU if there was one              1941 PT125 
One day I will get at least one of them on the road

napmaster

• Full throttle user!
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 12:10:47 AM »
Carla:
I hope you can check in from time to time and let us know how you are doing.  You cannot imagine how many times I have read and reread your detailed explanations, just trying to soak it all in.  I am sure you have forgotten more than I will ever know about these beautiful old Plymouths.  Thanks for the guidance!
Gary
49 Plymouth (long ago)
35 Plymouth PJ Deluxe

Go Fleiter

• Full throttle user!
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2018, 04:59:32 PM »
Nice to have You back here, Carla!
I too liked Your posts and got good advice from You here!
Well, I wish You - and all the others here having my age and more - good health and beautiful days in their Plymouth!
I hate to hear Your selling plans! Good Luck for this too!
Happy Easter and all the best from D?sseldorf!
Go
Living in D?sseldorf/Germany, retired Dentist, wife retired lawyer, 2 daughters Judge and psychologist, 2 Grandchilds-Sorry for bad English
I like :travelling Europe in my very original 51 Ply, :My whole basement HO Germany based Model Railroad :Prototype PennsyRR :50ties stuff :Italy

my33ply

• Full throttle user!
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 11:29:26 AM »
It's good to see your posts again. I always found them informative and helpful. Good luck and God Bless.
Richard Cardeccia
1948 Plymouth DeLuxe 4 Door
1933 Plymouth PD Rumble Seat Coupe

RC Drown

• Proven posts ok.
  • Full throttle user!
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 06:16:16 AM »
Carla, under the circumstances it is still good to hear from you, I use to love reading your posts.  I will add you to my prayer list as I too have a bad heart, congestive heart failure and Multiple Myeloma with is a treatable but not curable bone marrow cancer.

good luck to you,
Bob

Bill Davis

• Full throttle user!
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 01:11:01 AM »
Carla,
So sorry to hear of your health problems and that you are going to sell your car and tools. 
-Bill Davis, Florence,AL
1951 Plymouth P-23 Cambridge 4 door

Carla

• Full throttle user!
Hello from California
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 12:19:20 AM »
Hello, everyone,

I have to apologise for not having checked in here in quite some time, but, well, I've had some problems.........wound up with a heart condition which has seen me in and out of hospital a number of times, over the past year, and left me pretty completely disabled.

I'm going to have to sell my '34 Plymouth, the 'preserved' car, parts, '30's-'50's vintage tools, everything........ : ( I hope its alright to say that in a tech forum, please let me know if it isn't..........I'd be hoping that some of the folks here would want the stuff from my collection.........it took me years to find.)

I'd like to be particular about finding the optimal new home for the '34...........I get really depressed at the thought of listing it on Hemmings, where it would likely be attractive to the sort of person who would fit a late model V8, automatic transmission, 'modern' decorative 20" wheels..........and paint it orange.......or maybe half a dozen colours, whatever.

cheers

Carla

wa6ube@arrl.net

San Jose, CA
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 01:15:03 AM by Carla »