2007 SPECIAL EVENT

Started by Jim Benjaminson, November 15, 2005, 09:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD Glenn

After I posted the last on Miss Belvidere two days ago,,,,,  I typed in " Miss Belvidere" on the Bing search engine.  There is an amazing amount of info there on the restoration, if that's what its called, and pictures. Check it out.
SD Glenn
SDGlenn
  •  

SD Glenn

Is anything new on "Miss Belevere" .  I would really be interested in knowing what is, or has happened to her.  I saw a Documentary on TV on her a few weeks ago and got to thinking.............>
Thanks for any info.
SD Glenn\
SDGlenn
  •  

Eddie M

I think that something has to be done to stabilize Miss Belevere.  Ultra One is in Hackettstown, close to one of my kin.
This should all prove interesting in the end.
       Anymore updates on 2007 events?
Life is what you make of it.
  •  

Eddie M

Quote from: 57belvedere on October 05, 2006, 10:40:34 AM
Ill be there .
Should have loved to bring the -57 but i guess it will be a little to exspencive......
Your Belvedere is gorgeous!
Life is what you make of it.
  •  

Road Runner

A New Jersey firm has agreed to try to clean up the formerly buried 1957 Belvedere.

The once-buried Belvedere may be going on a road trip.

A nephew of the car's apparent winner said Wednesday that an agreement has been worked out with a New Jersey firm to stabilize the 50-year-old automobile once ownership has been confirmed.

"Once we get it derusted, we think it'll run," said Bob Carney of Fredericksburg, Md. "We really think it will."

Carney's aunt, 93-year-old Catherine Humbertson Johnson of Bowling Green, Md., is the oldest sister of Raymond Humbertson, who submitted the apparent winning entry in a 1957 contest shortly before the Plymouth Belvedere was buried at the Tulsa County Courthouse.

Oddly, Humbertson doesn't seem to have ever lived in Tulsa or even Oklahoma. His family speculates he was passing through on his way from the West Coast to Maryland.

Humbertson died in 1979. He and his wife, Margaret, who died in 1988, had no children.

Carney said Ultra One Corp. of Hackettstown, N.J., has agreed to take the car to its headquarters for treatment with its rust-removing products.

The company says it "developed and formulated the first non-acid Hi Performance tunnel cleaners" for use in tunnels linking New Jersey and Manhattan. Its rust remover, Ultra One says on its Web site, "is a breakthrough product that has changed the age-old problem of rust removal forever."

Ultra One recently launched a Web site, www.missbelvedere.com, that Carney said will document the Belvedere's cleaning process.

"People will be able to keep up with the Belvedere on the Web site," Carney said.

Carney said the rust needs to be neutralized to preserve the Belvedere, which apparently spent a good portion of the past half-century as much underwater as underground.

"We're not going to take it apart and try to restore it," he said.

"Ideally, what we'd like to see is that when it's in pretty good shape, the car would go back to Tulsa for another unveiling," Carney said.

Catherine Johnson, however, has not yet been verified as the winner.

Margaret Kobos of the Bank of Oklahoma trust department, which is handling the documentation, said Wednesday that most of the requested information has been received, but a few questions remain.

Arvest Bank President Don Walker, who is in charge of the transfer, said a holographic will left by Margaret Humbertson could complicate the process.

Raymond Humbertson apparently died without a will, and his effects passed to his widow. Margaret Humbertson left the bulk of her modest estate to two siblings, a nephew and her church.

Walker said that raises the question of whether her heirs have a claim to the car. He said, though, that none has come forward, and Carney said there is no disagreement in the family about the Belvedere going to his aunt.

"I'm pretty comfortable with turning the car over to them," Walker said. "The weird part is that he was not a Tulsa resident. I'd feel a little better if we knew for sure how he came to be in Tulsa."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Randy Krehbiel 581-8365
[Please enable JavaScript to see this content]

•  

Road Runner

Welcome Mopar Owners
Chrysler Dodge Plymouth DeSoto

Please join the Plymouth Owners Club
for a meal with time for fellowship

Saturday, June 16th 6:00-8:30 PM
Located at the newly remodeled
VFW Post 577
1109 East 6th Street
Across the street from the Prowler prototype
that Tulsa buried in 1998.

Hearty Chicken Dinner
Side Dishes and Bread
Iced Tea & Dessert

A short program will be included with special guest

$15.00 per person
Casual dress

Checks are payable to
Jerry Burch
4733 East 7th Street
Tulsa, Oklahoma? 74112-4233

Or pay using PayPal
(Add $1.00 if paying thru PayPal)
[Please enable JavaScript to see this content]

New lighted parking lot with security provided.

Limited seating available - please make your reservations
before June 9, 2007

For more information email [Please enable JavaScript to see this content]
  •  

Road Runner

Tickets are still available for the unveiling ceremony on Friday evening at www.carsonattractions.com.? The unearthing can be viewed via closed-circuit TV in one of the exhibit halls at the Tulsa Convention Center downtown.? Festivities will continue on Saturday and Sunday with the Open Car Show and the Invitational Car Show.

Please submit your applications quickly for the Open Car Show.? ?www.BuriedCar.com? has the necessary application.? There are over 300 cars as of this date participating in the Open show in addition to the 100 in the indoor invitational show.? If you have submitted your Open Car Show application, you will be receiving a packet in the near future from the event planner explaining where you will be parking, etc.? New information and photos are continually being added to the Buried Car website.

Also, for all of the latest Tulsa World newspaper articles, including articles from 1957, go to www.TulsaWorld.com.? Search for:? 1957 Plymouth.? ? ? ?
?
  •  

49plymouthclubcoupe

Any new information on Tulsa?
John - Colorado
1949 Plymouth Club Coupe Special Deluxe
1949 Plymouth Club Coupe Deluxe
1949 Plymouth 4-door Sedan Special Deluxe
  •  

Road Runner

Just a reminder . . . please submit your applications for the open car show quickly.?

The Tulsarama committee has only received a few applications that have indicated they are with the Plymouth Owners Club.? The rest of the 200 cars participating in the outdoor show are from other car clubs.

You can download the application from www.BuriedCar.com.? The registration fee is $20 and includes admission for 2 into the invitational show.

The outdoor show will include a food court and auto-related vendors.
  •  

49plymouthclubcoupe

Got em this morning....still wouldn't work on the web.   Had to call the number for Carson Attractions and wait on hold for a long time.    But, I now have a confirmation number (at least) for 6 tickets on the lower level. 
John - Colorado
  •  

49plymouthclubcoupe

I won't give up....not my style.   And I did note the time limitation as well.   That shouldn't have been an issue.   The first time through I may have been close but after I started over (completely over at that) I timed it and I was done in 3 minutes.   Like all these deals it will eventually work out but this one has been borderline crazy.    Thanks for your follow up post.    I still am really looking forward to the trip and the event(s).     
John - Colorado
  •  

Road Runner

Sorry to hear you are having difficulty with purchasing tickets.?

Once you select your ticket price and number of tickets, the next screen shows towards the top in red print that you have a certain number of minutes to complete your transaction.? Is it possible that you didn't get it completed within that time?? That is the only thing I can think of.?

I would suggest calling them again, maybe try in the A.M. hours when they are less likely to have an event going on or a line of people at the ticket window for the evening games.? I would also avoid calling during lunch time.

As of today, there have been 800 tickets sold to the Unveiling so we know the website is working.

Good Luck!?
  •  

49plymouthclubcoupe

Thanks for the update.   I've been trying to buy tickets to the June 15 PM event both via the web and on the phone.   The web won't accept my request...it first allocates the tickets but then fails on the final transaction to buy.  Doesn't give me any clues as to why.  I've double checked all the inputs and used different credit cards.....still no good.   Then I call and they say...."call back tomorrow...we're selling "hockey" tickets right now or "fill in the blank" on the reasons why I can't buy tickets when I just happen to be calling.   Could they make it any harder?   Sorry to complain but I've been diligently trying to buy tickets now for the last 3 days.   This is getting ridiculous.   
John - Colorado
  •  

Road Runner

For up-to-date Tulsarama! event details, please go to:? www.BuriedCar.com.

Invitational Car Show applications are still being accepted thru March 15th.? The application can be downloaded from the above website.? The $40 entry fee includes admission to the VIP reception, the Unveiling event in the arena of the Convention Center and the 50's Sock Hop.

Open Car Show applications will be accepted thru April 15th.? Those applications can also be downloaded from www.BuriedCar.com.? Please note, the Open Car Show entry fee includes admission for 2 to the Invitational show in which the Buried Belvedere will be on display Saturday and Sunday, June 16th & 17th.

Unveiling:? The Unveiling will take place on Friday evening, June 15th.? The first time anyone will see the car unveiled will be during this event in the Convention Center arena.? Tickets are on sale at:? www.CarsonAttractions.com.? There are two different ticket prices available, lower level $10 and upper level $5 (The prices on the website actually appear less as it is prior to service charge).? Both levels are still available at this time.?? The lower level ticket ($10) will also give you spectators entry into the Invitational show.?

If you are joining us in Tulsa June 15th, 16th & 17th, we hope you will take part in the Open Car show, please submit your applicaitons either individually or by Regions.? Please make sure you put on the application in the desinated area that you are with the Plymouth Owners Club.? Every effort is being made to arrange for each car club present to park together.? The Open Car Show will take place outdoors in close proximity to the Convention Center.

Vendors (Food, Automotive Suppliers, Exhibitors, etc.) applications are also being accepted at this time.? That application is included in the Open Car Show application.
  •  

vanbuskirk

Is there a consensus alternative to Doubletree? Doubletree is full on Friday June 15. Bob
  •  

Road Runner

The event is being held downtown in Tulsa at the Convention Center.? For further information see:? www.buriedcar.com .? ?Details are in the process of being added to the website.?

An application for the Car Show can be downloaded from this website.? (We have been told that it is being put on the website today.)? Please check back with the website frequently for updates.?

In regard to the question about driving in Tulsa . . . Tulsa is an easy city to get around in on the city streets as well as on the expressways.

•  

captbrian41

Where is this event being held in Tulsa? Does anyone know how the driving around this town is and are there any other events the same weekend. planning to attend and will try to book a room soon. thanks captbrian41
  •  

Road Runner

Since the downtown Doubletree has sold out in Tulsa, here is a list of some of the other area hotels:

TULSA, OKLAHOMA HOTEL INFORMATION

Downtown Hotels:
Crowne Plaza? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Hotel Ambassador? (luxury/boutique hotel? $150++)
100 E. 2nd St.? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?1324 S. Main
Tulsa, 74103? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Tulsa, 74119
918-582-9000? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 918-587-8200
Convention Center - 7 blocks? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Convention Center -? .8 mile

?
Hotel Savoy? (small boutique $110)
631 S. Peoria
Tulsa, 74120
918-34-SAVOY
Convention Center -? 1.2 mile

Other Tulsa & Area Hotels: ?

Hampton Inn? Tulsa-Sand Springs? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Best Western? ? Sand Springs
7852 W. Parkway Blvd.? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?211 S. Lake Dr.
Tulsa, 74127? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Sand Springs, OK 74063
918-245-8500? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?918-245-4999
Convention Center - 6 miles? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Convention Center - 6.5 miles
?

Hampton Inn? ?Tulsa? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Embassy Suites Hotel
3209 S. 79th E. Ave.? *? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?3332 S. 79th E. Ave.? *
Tulsa, 74145? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Tulsa, 74145
918-663-1000? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 918-622-4000
Convention Center - 8 miles? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Convention Center - 8 miles

Holiday Inn Express? *
3215 S. 79th E. Ave.
Tulsa, 74145
918-665-4242
Convention Center - 8 miles

* At the 32nd/33rd & 79th E. Ave. area (31st Street & S. Memorial) there are a number of other hotels:? Sleep Inn, Comfort Inn, Hawthorn Suites, Courtyard by Marriott, Fairfield Inn by Marriott,? EconoLodge, Extended Stay Tulsa

Tulsa Airport:

Hilton Garden Inn? Tulsa Airport
7728 E. Virgin Ct.
Tulsa, 74115
918-838-1444
Convention Center - 8.5 miles
?
Radisson Inn? ?Airport
2201 N. 77th E. Ave.
Tulsa, 74115
Convention Center - 8.5 miles

?
Keystone Lake west of Tulsa has a number of campgrounds for anyone wishing to camp.

Bed & Breakfast: ? See this website for a list of area B&B's.
http://www.bbonline.com/ok/tulsa.html

Tulsa Expo Square RV Park They have a number of large horse shows throughout the year and spaces sell out quickly. (Motorhomes, 5th Wheels, Trailers allowed)
3890 East 15th Street
Tulsa, 74112
918-744-1113? x 2154

This is not a complete list of Tulsa lodging, for more options you can search online for your favorite hotel chain.? Link to Tulsa Convention & Visitors Bureau:? http://ww3.visittulsa.com/general.asp?id=109

If you have questions about the different area's of our city before you make reservations, let us know and we will try to answer your questions.

Tulsa Region?
  •  

Road Runner

The hotel rooms at the downtown Tulsa Doubletree are currently sold out for June 14th, 15th and 16th.? We will post a list of other area hotels ASAP.
  •  

Road Runner

The Tulsa Region has a block of rooms at the Doubletree Hotel in downtown Tulsa.? This is located just across the street from the Convention Center where the 1957 Plymouth events will take place.? There is a sky bridge between the hotel and the Convention Center for easy access.

The dates we have rooms blocked are:? Thursday, June 14th; Friday, June 15th and Saturday, June 16th.

Doubletree Hotel Tulsa Downtown
616 West 7th Street
Tulsa, OK
(918) 587-8000
(800) 222-TREE

The link for online booking is:? www.tulsadowntown.doubletree.com? When booking rooms, please use the Group/Convention code:? ?POC
As of this date, 37 of the 50 rooms have been reserved.? Once we reach the limit of 50 blocked rooms, the Doubletree will add more rooms to our block providing they are still available.? Due to the interest in this event, we suggest you book now!

We will post more event information as it becomes available.
  •  

57belvedere

Ill be there .
Should have loved to bring the -57 but i guess it will be a little to exspencive......
1957 Plymouth Belvedere 2dr HT
1969 Plymouth Sport Satellite 2dr HT
1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
1995 Chrysler Grand Voyager
  •  

jd2ksilver

Will be there also,,,,, sounds like a blast.  I understand they buried a 97 Prowler there too.  Will be there for a week, several car clubs are attending,,,
1952 Plymouth Cranbrook 4 door sedan
2003 Dodge Ram 4X2 1500 Hemi Longbed
John Davies
Mountain View, California
  •  

Jim Benjaminson

DATE CHANGE - Although the initial information received said the event would take place June 16th -it will actually take place June 15th.  More information will follow as we get verified details.....
  •  

Road Runner

Regarding the article on the Plymouth Bulletin about the unearthing of the buried 1957 Plymouth in Tulsa, does anyone have a copy of the magazine article it mentions?? I cannot seem to find one dated July 7, 1957, nor have I been able to find one issued during the same week that contains this article.

As written in the article:? (The car was lowered into the vault several times prior to June 15 for photo shoots, one such photo ad appearing on page twenty-five of Life magazine's July 7 issue.)
  •  

blueskies

I'm hoping to attend, Tulsa is about 1600 miles, one way, from home...  I want to make an epic road trip in my '50 Plymouth, with my two boys, 5 and 7.  I've got the dates on my calendar, just need to start planning the route...

Pete

•  

plymouth53

yeah i think im gogin to cruise up there with my plymouth sounds like fun long ride? from illinois to oklahoma but sounds like fun im gunna go i think
CROSSMEMBERS C.C

-Nater
  •  

Cliff54

I think I might just go to this event!  Sounds like fun.

Cliff54
54 Savoy, 59 Apache "She may not be the youngest gal at the ball .....but she can still turn a head or two"
  •  

mopardave

Right now, I am planning to attend.  Not sure yet which car I'll take.
1928 Model Q; 1951 Cambridge Club Coupe; 1966 Sport Fury Convertible; 1975 Duster; 1999 Prowler

Johnstown, PA
  •  

Jim Benjaminson

Tulsa, Oklahoma - June 16, 2007 - Be there when the "Buried Belvedere" is unearthed from its 50 year sleep!  See the article by the same name in the "Reference" section of this board.
  •  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk