'33 Plymouth parts

Started by 33PLY, June 22, 2006, 07:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Benjaminson

Hi 33Ply - didn't mean to be too harsh with my first reply but it was a lesson to everyone using the posting board to be specific in what they are looking for...makes things much easier.  Sorry, don't have a spare 33 PD hood, sold the last one I had years ago but will keep my eyes open for you.  JB
  •  

Go Fleiter

Dear Ply33,

I tried to mail You but this error message came:

PM successfully sent to 1 recipient(s)
Unable to find member 'your post in plymouthbulletin'.

Is Your e-mail adress in this forum ok?

Anyhow:

It would be kind if You could put Your name or first name, Your car and Your city or state in Your signature box or at least on Your profile site

unless You feel unsafe and You feel to have to hide something. 

I would like very much to find who You are , live and do, as it makes You less anonymous and You get a face for us all.

Please don?t just mail it to me, but put it on Your profile site for the interest of all other members!

Thanks and greetings!
Go
(See my post: ?Where do You live?)

Works like this:
Go into one of the forums,
click  Profile button (4th in row between Your own Head box and the subject box) 
-Profile Info Box (left side) 
-Modify Profile (second box)
-Forum Profile Information
-put infos You want to part with us
Living in Düsseldorf/Germany, retired Dentist, wife retired lawyer, 2 daughters Judge and psychologist, 3 Grandchilds-Sorry for bad English
I like- PennsyRR- travelling Europe in my very original 51 Ply- My whole basement HO Germany based Model Railroad- 50ties stuff- Italy
  •  

TodFitch

I don't have any extra sheet metal parts at all. Actually, I don't have many extra parts that I am willing to get rid of. So I can't be of much help on your hood.

The PD (DeLuxe Six) used the same front sheet metal for all body styles.

The biggest differences between the PD, PC (Six) and PCXX (Standard Six) is the front sheet metal. So you will need to be sure that the hood you are looking at (when you find a possible one) is for a PD.

Another thing to put on your shopping list is a parts book. The 1928-33 Master Parts Book has been (and I think still is) being reprinted. It will allow you to look up the numbers for parts for each engineering code and each body style and see which are the same and which are different.

Where are you located? Your profile does not say. That also might help when looking for items that are bulky and hard to ship.
  •  

33PLY

Hey Jim,
I have a PD coupe, and right now I'm looking for a hood. Got one?
  •  

TodFitch

Be gentle, Jim. After all there are a lot of parts that are the same for all three engineering codes and most body styles. . . :)

It is not clear to me how original 33PLY wants to be either. That would make a difference on how exact the parts would have to be too.
  •  

Jim Benjaminson

Lesson time.  This question is so generic it might not generate any replies, even if anyone has any "33 parts".  Lets be specific.  WHICH model 33 Plymouth do you have?  PC, PCXX or PD.  There is a world of differences between the three so you need to know which model you have.  What body style are you looking for parts?  A business coupe, rumble seat coupe, two door, four door, convertible??????  Again, there is a world of difference between each body type, depending on which part you are looking for.  Last but not least, WHICH parts are you looking for????? Engine parts, body parts, trim parts, what??????  The more specific you can be, the more help may be available for you.
  •  

TodFitch

Quite a few things are showing up on eBay nowadays. What are you looking for?
  •  

33PLY

Does anybody have any "33 parts for sale?
  •  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk