Author Topic: PD Rear lights  (Read 28 times)

twpoulter

• Tom
  • Full throttle user!
    • It’s all about early Plymouth vehicles
Re: PD Rear lights
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2021, 07:07:50 AM »
Thanks Tod, I was at a bit of a loss to know what was probably correct. Looking across the internet does not help, although mine won't be truly correct I want to make it as close to stock as my pockets will allow. Being in the UK shipping even small parts has become near impossible,
sometimes the cost to get them across the water is more than the price to buy them. Thanks again for your quick reply. Tom
Tom in the UK       1933 PDX R/S Coupe RHD
1934 PE PU if there was one              1941 PT125 
  https://ctrestorations.com/

TodFitch

• Full throttle user!
  • 1933 PD Two Door Sedan
    • Plymouth: The First Decade
Re: PD Rear lights
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2021, 09:55:54 PM »
I hate it when I am supposed to know something really well but am sure about it.

I think the version with "Plymouth" across the top is for 1932 PB and the one with "Plymouth" across the bottom is for 1933 PC, PCXX and PD.

But my first cut at looking for authoritative documentation has failed: It seems that all the factory era photos I have are from the front, front quarter or side. No rear or rear quarter views. I have a bunch of photos of restored cars, but again most of those are from the side or front quarter. The few that have the tail light visible are not the best but do seem to reinforce my understanding that the script was across the bottom in 1933.

twpoulter

• Tom
  • Full throttle user!
    • It’s all about early Plymouth vehicles
PD Rear lights
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 06:19:13 PM »
Which is correct for the rear lights on my PD R/S Coupe

Thanks Tom

« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 06:20:35 PM by twpoulter »
Tom in the UK       1933 PDX R/S Coupe RHD
1934 PE PU if there was one              1941 PT125 
  https://ctrestorations.com/