1949 brake light

Started by 28 Ply.cpe, August 25, 2020, 09:17:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamilton

I know how your car is set up - I've owned one for 30+ years and have had others previous to the current one.

There's no need to remove the entire light housing.  In fact, you don't even need to open the trunk lid.

There are two screws on the top of the chrome portion of the assembly, holding down/securing the clear/white license plate light cover.  Remove those two screws and you'll see how to access the brake light.

It should take you no more than five minutes to replace a burned out brake light.

_

•  

28 Ply.cpe

No, tried that.  You have to remove the 4 7/16 in. nuts in the trunk holding the whole chrome trunk handle and light to get to the bulb. New bulb in and it works like new.  I put in a #1156 6v. bulb.  The one I took out was a 1129. Cant find that number available.
1928 Model Q Business Coupe
1949 P-18 Special Deluxe 4 door
  •  

Hamilton

Should be able to access the brake light by removing the two screws that secure the license plate light lens.

_
  •  

28 Ply.cpe

Do you have to remove the whole chrome trunk light and lock assy. to get to the brake light. It doesn't  seem to come out from under the trunk lid. My car does not have the brake lights in the tail lights , just the single below the license plate.
1928 Model Q Business Coupe
1949 P-18 Special Deluxe 4 door
  •  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk