Author Topic: 1933 Plymouth Brake Part  (Read 155 times)

TodFitch

• Full throttle user!
  • 1933 PD Two Door Sedan
    • Plymouth: The First Decade
Re: 1933 Plymouth Brake Part
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 03:32:46 PM »
To the best of my knowledge that "T" is just a "T", no check valve, etc. The one on my car looks a little different but I can't swear that mine is original.

Was the tubing along the frame running from the master cylinder to the hose connection at the rear axle kick up replaced or is it original? It could be full of rust which would cause the same symptoms.

If your steel brake tubing is original I'd recommend replacing it: The steel can rust from the inside out because conventional brake fluid absorbs water. You really, really don't want to spring a leak at a rust thinned spot during a panic stop.

33incanada

• Proven posts ok.
  • Full throttle user!
1933 Plymouth Brake Part
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 02:39:01 PM »
My 33 PD sedan has new mastercylinder and complete brake job. Couldnt bleed rear brake lines. Traced problem back to this little Brass " T'' fitting that splits the fluid front and rear.   The threaded part screws into the Master Cylinder and there are two little holes drilled into the hex base.   Does any one know if there is a check valve or different orfices inside?   The side feeding the front seems to flow an air blast stronger than the rear?   Canthis part be bought?    Stumped.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk