interior upholstery 1933 plymouth

Started by Randy Dobbs, May 04, 2020, 08:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twpoulter

I cut some strips of 3/8" ply laid so the laminate shows then folded the tabs over, think it will do the same job.

Tom
Tom in the UK       1933 PDX R/S Coupe RHD
1934 PE PU if there was one              1941 PT125 
  https://ctrestorations.com/
  •  

Stewards68

Man, I have a '35 PJ and I have exactly the same question.  It's a seemingly simple little thing, it seems to be twisted oily-type paper that is compressed into the channel and allows stuff to be tacked to it.  It has to be removed to properly clean up the body, and it mostly disintegrates when it's removed.  I can find kraft-paper type stuff for wicker chairs, and I've found some stuff which is rubber or some type of soft plastic material.  That seems to be what more modern vehicles use.  Just seems like someone would have a source for the original stuff.  In my PJ, it's about 1/2" square. 
My Great-Grandfather's 1935 PJ, always under the world's slowest restoration...
  •  

TodFitch

Different for PC vs PD. . .  I will assume PD. The stuff at the top of the side panels, just below the roof, is called "hidem" you staple/tack then fold over to hide the fasteners. The stuff around the doors is called windlace.

See if Kathy Schrack is still making interior kits, if so she probably has the patterns for your body style and can source the materials or a whole interior kit for you.

Schracks Classic Auto Interiors
RR 2 Box 1940
Mcalisterville, PA 17049
Telephone: +1.717.463.3384
email: [Please enable JavaScript to see this content]
  •  

Randy Dobbs

any one have any info on the rope type material that is installed around the interior of the car above the doors that is used to staple the upholstery too
  •  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk