Started by Robert5, May 26, 2019, 02:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert5

Thanks Go  and Tod.  :)
  •  

Go Fleiter

Good idea to use an electrical gaspump!
I too do so, mine is parallel to the original one (with check valves) and
has to flood the carb before starting after a long rest.
I always hated to force the whole engine by starter only to get gas near the carb!
I use a 12 V pump with my 6V an wait 20-30 seconds. A SPST switch controls it.

My two daughters found it cool to drive with me to the "Königsalle" in Düsseldorf,
one of the finest streets in Europe. But when dad had problems to restart the hot engine,
stinking of gas because of the vapor klock, they preferred to go home by subway (4 stops)!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%B6nigsallee
https://www.google.de/search?q=k%C3%B6nigsallee+d%C3%BCsseldorf&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjSn9WNjLriAhWswcQBHdoxALEQ_AUIDygC&biw=1276&bih=705
Electrical gas pump solved tis too!
Greetings from Düsseldorf!
Go
Living in Düsseldorf/Germany, retired Dentist, wife retired lawyer, 2 daughters Judge and psychologist, 3 Grandchilds-Sorry for bad English
I like- PennsyRR- travelling Europe in my very original 51 Ply- My whole basement HO Germany based Model Railroad- 50ties stuff- Italy
  •  

TodFitch

Good to hear you got that sorted out.
  •  

Robert5

Just wanted to give an update to the goings on with my 1951 Cambridge.
After I re-installed the carb, my starting the car did not get any easier. And that was the main reason I had the carb rebuilt.
I trouble shooted the choke and the two stage process it uses.
But what I eventually did was have a 6V electric fuel pump installed in line.
It works beautifully. I let it build pressure in the system, start the car and then turn it off with the toggle switch. It was what my car needed. I am very pleased with how it works.
After I reinstalled the Carb another problem developed. The linkage would stick and I would have to goose it just a little to unstick it. I studied the before and after pics of the linkage and could see absolutely nothing wrong. I cleaned everything thoroughly and lubed it. Still the issue persisted.
Finally I replaced the throttle return spring and that seems to have corrected the issue.
So now driving the car is enjoyable.
  •  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk