Author Topic: 33-34 Plymouth Flywheel bolts?  (Read 124 times)

33incanada

• Proven posts ok.
  • First Gear
Re: 33-34 Plymouth Flywheel bolts?
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 01:18:25 PM »
Thanks Tod.......The fasteners on my flywheel arent a seperate nut and bolt, so I suspect at sometime a replacement was inserted.  I think I will have to re-use what I have , although I like to replace as the shoulder width and facing length are obviously critical.
Just got my rebuilt clutch and pressure plate back from Hagens.......nice people.great service and Delivery good from Fedex. Hope you are safe their in the Golden State and if you get up here we can eat some salmon! 

TodFitch

• Full throttle user!
  • 1933 PD Two Door Sedan
    • Plymouth: The First Decade
Re: 33-34 Plymouth Flywheel bolts?
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 03:56:38 PM »
According to the parts book, the flywheel bolts are the same from 1928 through at least 1934. The later parts book has a different number from 1936 through 1948 (I don't have a 1935 book to check that one).

I just added all the above to my website at https://www.ply33.com/Parts/group9#9-45-06

But the crank was the same from 1934 through 1941 so I strongly suspect the later part numbers would work on the earlier cars. I don't have a supercedence book to verify that however.

Note that the later bolts take a different nut and, unlike the earlier listing, do not use a lock washer.

33incanada

• Proven posts ok.
  • First Gear
33-34 Plymouth Flywheel bolts?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 02:30:32 PM »
Took my 34 engine flywheel for machining and asked to order new bolts. The Machinist said the bolts are specific to the car and not to use a bolt with a different shoulder or head even if the thread works.  He said likely this is a specific "Part" and might be hard to locate.  Anyone know a source ........I would think the 33s and 34s would be same (maybe all to 48?)   Roy in canada.....cheers