Author Topic: Bob Drown  (Read 179 times)

twpoulter

• Tom
  • Full throttle user!
Re: Bob Drown
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2018, 05:46:57 AM »
Hi gents, this is a message I received from Josh, Bobs son that he stayed with for his last 3 months. Please if you know of other thread out there could please give me a link to them, the only other link I have is on the P15-D24 Forum . Thanks.
http://p15-d24.com/topic/48650-bob-drown/?tab=comments#comment-517679

Tom this was so heartwarming and sad at the same time thank you  all so very much. Josh
Tom in the UK       1933 PDX R/S Coupe RHD
1934 PE PU if there was one              1941 PT125 
One day I will get at least one of them on the road

CHS

• Proven posts ok.
  • Full throttle user!
  • 1955 Plymouth Belvedere
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2018, 04:19:39 PM »
Now all we have are the memories. When Bob moved from N.Y. to his son's farm in Oklahoma. There were fewer post fom him. At first I thought well maybe he was busy setteling in, then I thought maybe he felt funny using his son's internet. Now we know the real reason. Hopefully his son will stop by once in awhile and share some stories about the wayback machine.
Rest in Peace Bob.

Go Fleiter

• Full throttle user!
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 05:15:54 AM »
we lost a very fine friend!
I loved his postings, e.g.
https://www.plymouthowners.club/talk/index.php/topic,3202.msg16799.html#msg16799
and his legendary "Wayback Machine"
https://www.plymouthowners.club/talk/index.php/topic,2756.0.html
He and his doggy Cooper on their countryside tours will be missed a lot here!

RIP!
Go

« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 05:55:21 AM by Go Fleiter »
Living in D?sseldorf/Germany, retired Dentist, wife retired lawyer, 2 daughters Judge and psychologist, 2 Grandchilds-Sorry for bad English
I like :travelling Europe in my very original 51 Ply, :My whole basement HO Germany based Model Railroad :Prototype PennsyRR :50ties stuff :Italy

36splodge

• Full throttle user!
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2018, 01:59:58 AM »
Yep pretty quiet in here without Bobs comments,suggestions and encouragement to get it running and drive it like you stole it.
Have owned 3 Plymouths, the first 2 were just cars.....

twpoulter

• Tom
  • Full throttle user!
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2018, 06:54:47 PM »
With a heavy heart I am afraid that our good friend Bob Drown passed in the evening of Halloween, only 5 months after he lost his dear wife Patty, 156 day without his co-pilot was too much to bear. His son Josh drove to Neversink NY to collect Bob when he came unable to look after himself properly and took him back to his farm in Fletcher OK about 10 weeks ago and remained under Josh's roof with hospice care after cancer treatment had been withdrawn 2 weeks ago. Halloween was one time of the year he enjoyed so much, he started getting things ready for it at the beginning of September but that was Bob. We became very good friends through the love of Plymouth's both online and good old snail mail, many times we would set each other up on the FaceBook page and he would often forget which page he was on then get offended because admin would remove his post. Often told him that FB would be much quieter without his post as will these pages. This is the last photo I have of Bob 4 days before his passing sporting a tee shirt I recently sent him.

Rest easy my friend in the arms of your bride dear Patty. Miss you loads, God Bless.

Tom in the UK       1933 PDX R/S Coupe RHD
1934 PE PU if there was one              1941 PT125 
One day I will get at least one of them on the road

CHS

• Proven posts ok.
  • Full throttle user!
  • 1955 Plymouth Belvedere
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 08:33:39 AM »
My prayers go to Bob Drown. He is one of the most active members of this club. Always sharing stories and pictures about the wayback machine. I know he has numerous health issues and the death of his beloved wife Patty hit him hard. I noticed recently there have been few post from Bob. Now I know why. Please say a prayer for him as he prepared to join his wife Patty.

Go Fleiter

• Full throttle user!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 04:07:55 PM »
my dear!! He is feeling bad!
All my hope and prayers to this very fine friend!
All the best!
Go
Living in D?sseldorf/Germany, retired Dentist, wife retired lawyer, 2 daughters Judge and psychologist, 2 Grandchilds-Sorry for bad English
I like :travelling Europe in my very original 51 Ply, :My whole basement HO Germany based Model Railroad :Prototype PennsyRR :50ties stuff :Italy

Plymouthcranbrook

• Proven posts ok.
  • Full throttle user!
Bob Drown
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 06:50:11 PM »
This was posted on the P15/D24 Site a few days ago. If anyone doesn't know about this please check the link:

http://p15-d24.com/topic/48650-bob-drown/