1933 plymouth pd bumpers

Started by Randy Dobbs, October 25, 2018, 08:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy Dobbs

thanks for the info much appreciated
  •  

TodFitch

Amazing how fuzzy my memory is on this, maybe I should go out to the garage and take the bumper off to relearn. :)

As I recall, the bolt goes through a stamped metal piece. Between the metal piece and the bumper arm you can have the front license plate holder (the stamped piece is set so a it can allow that to protrude). Then the bumper arm. Under the arm is the fender. Between the fender and the frame is a thick piece of metal that is basically an oversized washer. One the inside of the frame is a lock washer and nut.

For '34 there is a pressed steel cap that is a friction fit over the stamped metal piece but for '33 there is no cover. I think that "chrome cover" you mention is not authentic for '33. And even for '34 it most likely would have been painted black instead of plated.
  •  

Randy Dobbs

going to install front bumper on my 1933 plymouth pd the brackets that attach to the front fender and frame has a square piece that goes over it and bolts with the bracket then a chrome cover goes over it - what else should I have to fasten this besides the bolt ie washers or rubber grommets etc -thanks for your help
  •  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk