Author Topic: Replacing door windows  (Read 405 times)

36splodge

• Full throttle user!
Re: Replacing door windows
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 03:11:19 AM »
Hope you got this figured out by now! If not you need to remove the roller stud in the center cam that moves the glass back before it lowers. Only then can you bring the channel rollerarms to the center and fit them in. I have the manual and it still took some gymnastics to get my passenger side back together. The glass had separated from the channel so it was much easier to remove all the parts than it was to get it back in.
Have owned 3 Plymouths, the first 2 were just cars.....

Bill Davis

• Full throttle user!
Re: Replacing door windows
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 01:46:30 AM »
Since i know nothing about your car, look at this video of a fellow installing all the window mechanism, seals and the
window itself in a 1941 coupe and see if it is of any help to you.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Iw6kkwPhtM
-Bill Davis, Florence,AL
1951 Plymouth P-23 Cambridge 4 door

Ply36

• Starting line user!
Replacing door windows
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 11:06:03 PM »
On my '36 Plymouth coupe, I need to remove and replace the door windows in both the driver's side and passenger's side. There are two brackets that descend from the crank mechanism and terminate in a groove in the window channel. Looks simple enough, right? For the life of me, I can''t figure out how to position the brackets to where they can exit the groove and I can slip out the channel and window. There are numerous fasteners that secure the crank mechanism and I've tried backing them off to see if they free anything up.
I have to believe it was made to allow quick and cheap R&R of the glass so the installer could make a buck. I expect to be embarrassed when I learn how simple.
I don't have a service manual and I haven't found any online source, but maybe there's someone who has done it or knows of a resource that describes it.
I'd appreciate any information or referral. Thanks