1934 PE/PF Control Arm Bushings

Started by Doran Johnson, November 08, 2016, 03:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GWR

Signal if you are still looking for these parts I might be able to help.

I have part number 622881 Front-wheel Lower control arm pin, Listed for 34 Plymouth and dodge. Set of 2.

Part Number 627020 Front-wheel Lower control arm Bushing, this is listed for the 34 Dodge and Chrysler (not Plymouth). Set of 4.
But, it fits on the pin listed above.

Part number 633206 Front-wheel upper control arm bushing. Listed for the 34 Plymouth. Set of 4.

If you interested contact me at [Please enable JavaScript to see this content].

Happy Motoring, Gary R.
GWR 30U Business Coupe
        67 Fury III 4drHT w/383
  •  

Signal

Any luck on these bushings need for 34 thanks
  •  

twpoulter

Regarding these front end suspension and steering parts I wondering if there was a Dodge version using the same parts.
Have now done a quick check and Rare parts list the same bushing parts for the Dodge DA Deluxe as well using the same part #
Tom in the UK       1933 PDX R/S Coupe RHD
1934 PE PU if there was one              1941 PT125 
  https://ctrestorations.com/
  •  

twpoulter

With reference to the above entry I think carpartsdiscount  is one of the ebay user names of Rare Parts Stockton, CA 95203.
  •  

twpoulter

Hi Doran, Rare Parts also have an Ebay outlet but at this time I can't for the life of me either remember or find their username. While back I managed to find 3 NOS outer/uppers as a job lot for approx $100, wish I could find the same deal with the front inner control arm shafts.

•  

Doran Johnson

Thank you Tod.  Yes, they have them listed on their web site!  Uppers for $134 and lowers for $100.  I've passed the information along, hopefully this will keep their project moving forward.

This forum, although slow at times, continues to be a great resource to the Plymouth car hobbyist!
  •  

TodFitch

Worse comes to worse, check with Rare Parts in Stockton, California. Their policy is to create the drawings from your old part(s) and manufacture them if they don't already have them available. So if they don't have them, they can make them and add them to their catalog for the next person who needs them. Not the cheapest place on the Internet, but the parts I have from them are top quality.
  •  

Doran Johnson

Hello Everybody,

I encountered a fellow Plymouth enthusiast at the Hilton Head Island Motoring Festival over the weekend, who is restoring a 34 PE.  So far, he has been unable to locate upper and lower control arm bushings.  These are threaded bushings (to allow adjustment), that connect upper and lower control arms to the knuckle support.  He has tried the usual suspects, Bernbaum's, Robert's and Kanter.  Additionally, I have checked with Vintage Auto Parts, another strike out.

Please post a reply if you know where these parts might be found.  PE or PF parts would work, since they both have independent front wheel suspension.  Thank you for your assistance.  Get well Bob.

Doran
  •  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk