Author Topic: Car repair / five cylinders only working:  (Read 152 times)

RC Drown

• Proven posts ok.
  • Full throttle user!
Re: Car repair / five cylinders only working:
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 07:28:43 PM »
Go,
Glad to hear that you got the Plymouth back under motion.  Thanks for the photos, they are great

Go Fleiter

• Full throttle user!
Car repair / five cylinders only working:
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 06:56:22 PM »
Car repair / five cylinders only working:

I had Friday, June 24th, off, no rain expected, so I made an appointment with my friend and mechanic Tom, in city of Essen of Krupp fame, some 22 mls from home:

http://www.b224-autoservice.de/

As advised in this forum, we took the cylinder head off and found no burned valves and they were working nicely. The gasket had some smoke traces between '5 and '6, but nothing serious.
Saturday, we did the valve adjusting finding outlet valves #5 without any and #6 with too little play.   #5 was unable to close.

To test, I took a secondary lane with a very steep climb out of the river Ruhr valley to D?sseldorf: the Plymouth has back every power he ever had and it?s nice, steady rhythm too!

some more fotos from Austria: Typical farm and inn
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 06:58:14 PM by Go Fleiter »
Living in D?sseldorf/Germany, retired Dentist, wife retired lawyer, 2 daughters Judge and psychologist, 2 Grandchilds-Sorry for bad English
I like :travelling Europe in my very original 51 Ply, :My whole basement HO Germany based Model Railroad :Prototype PennsyRR :50ties stuff :Italy