Author Topic: Might be nice to have somethng in the northeast  (Read 1017 times)

ndesimone

• Proven posts ok.
  • Full throttle user!
Re: Might be nice to have somethng in the northeast
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 12:59:51 PM »
The Detroit Region is considering hosting a National Meet in June of 2013. As more information is finalize it will be posted.

The Tall Pines Region is hosting a National Driving Tour Meet leading up to Labor Day in 2011. More details will be available soon.

Tod Fitch's comment is true that thr Regions are the ones who host National Meets. If they don't step up to the plate, then it doesn't happen.
As President, I am aware there isn't a scheduled National Meet in the East within the near future. Since some regions don't feel they can successfully host a National Meet due to the size of their active membership, Bobbi Berkheimer, Vice President, and I have discussed the possibility of joining two nearby regions to host a Meet.
We will continue our efforts to schedule one in the East.

Eddie M

• Proven posts ok.
  • Full throttle user!
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 01:19:15 PM »
I'll post if we have anything going on in the Delaware Valley Region for 2011.
Life is what you make of it.

GWR

• Proven posts ok.
  • Full throttle user!
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 02:02:05 AM »
I was also surprised that the POC was going to have another meet in California. but as Tod said if no other region is going to step up - so be it. Everything happened in the East and then in 07 came California, 2010 in Portland, and 2011 again in California. Can you believe 3 out of 5 on the West Coast. Probably be a while before we get another one.

With regard to the issue of a small Regional membership and hosting, you do what you can do. Although we in the Cascade Region had a lot of people involved I believe that you could put on a well organized meet with maybe only 3 to 5 Committe Chairs and minimal people involved. Especially if you did a non-judged meet. I understand that the POC is going to try that format also in 2011. Anything that the Cascade Region can do to help another to run a meet please call Gary  503-939-9320 or Mike 503-206-4652.

I would incourage any Region to pick up the tourch and run with it. There was nothing that this Region has ever done that was so much fun. We had several members within the group that jumped at the chance to help. There were people that came just to help with the meet, some of which had no prior connection to the club.

Happy Motoring,

Gary
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 02:03:19 AM by GWR »
GWR 30U Business Coupe
        67 Fury III 4drHT w/383

nydak

• Full throttle user!
  • 40 an 49 Conv.
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 07:24:14 AM »
i am in the Hiudson Vally region , But it is so small we couldn't do a show

TodFitch

• Full throttle user!
  • 1933 PD Two Door Sedan
    • Plymouth: The First Decade
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 03:11:55 PM »
The national organization doesn't actually put on the national meets: It relies on the regions to host the events. It does coordinate so that two regions won't have meets at the same time, etc.

The only reason the Golden State Region is cramming to put on an event next summer is that as of last June no other region had volunteered. Call the region closest to you and ask why they haven't volunteered to host a national meet.

It might also help if you joined the region (if you aren't a member) and volunteered to help with the work involved. :)

The list of regions is at: http://www.plymouthbulletin.com/regions.htm

CHS

• Proven posts ok.
  • Full throttle user!
  • 1955 Plymouth Belvedere
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 12:43:41 PM »
I know how you feel. I live in the Southeast and we have nothing down this way either.

nydak

• Full throttle user!
  • 40 an 49 Conv.
Might be nice to have somethng in the northeast
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 08:01:32 AM »
seems like 2 meets on the west leave a lot of eastern folks out in the cold