Where Do You live?

Started by Go Fleiter, January 21, 2006, 08:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plymfury

Hi,
I'm John Reddie and I live in Massachusetts. I own a 1967 Plymouth Fury III convertible that I have had for 34 years.
  •  

chetbrz

I thought that I would reenergize this post.

I live in Northern Virginia, Sterling.? I am working on restoring a 1948 Plymouth Special Deluxe which I acquired in September of 2004.? This car was a basket case but will be my retirement daily driver.? Since I don?t have enough of things to do.., at the same time I am trying to keep a 1929 Modal U on the road.? ?I have owned a number of Plymouths and Mopars over the years from a 1957 Dodge Dart, 1965 Fury III,? 1967 Satellite convertible, and a Plymouth K car station wagon, a Horizon, and a 92 Jeep Cherokee.., which is still putting around.? Probably one or two more I forgot about.? Also I have played with a couple of Fords and Chevy?s including a 1967 Rally Sport Camaro but I?am still all Mopar.

I am a member of the POC, Mid Atlantic Region and also a member of the AACA.? ?I am a student of antiquated automobile technology and a professional electromechanical engineer who now manages people instead of machinery.? ?At 58 years of age I still enjoy the shade tree mechanic ingenuity that keeps our old cars on the road.? There was a time in my life that I did this because that was the only way I could own a car but now I do it because it?s just plain fun to do.

Thanks for putting up with all my posts but sharing what I am doing keeps me going.?

The 48

Chet?
Chester Brzostowski -- 1948P15 SpD & 1929 Model U Plymouths - Collector of vehicular lawn ornaments.? http://www.1948Plymouth.info   -   http://www.1948plymouth.info/28Q29U/
  •  

Cory

Hi,
I'm Cory and I have a 1930 Rumble seat coupe (with a rectangular back window). It's been in the family for about 40 years (my dad bought it for my mom when they were members of the Horseless Carriage Club here in British Columbia, Canada and I remember going to car rallys riding in the rumble seat. Now it's time for a ground-up restoration...
  •  

Rod n Resto

Hi all.

My name is Troy and I'm from Victoria Australia. I have a 54 Belvedere that was about to go to the crusher before I saved her recently. I have joined this forum primarily to gain much needed information to restore this car to it's former condition.

Cheers.
  •  

Bob

Kjell,
Welcome to the POC forum.

Nice looking car.

Bob
  •  

57belvedere

Hi.
I am from Norway and new to this forum.
Ive got 2 Plymouths, one -57 Belvedere 2dr HT just finished restored and a -69 Sport Satellite that i have added a 383HP engine to.

Kjell
1957 Plymouth Belvedere 2dr HT
1969 Plymouth Sport Satellite 2dr HT
1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
1995 Chrysler Grand Voyager
  •  

squirrel

taylor norton, from tampa, florida.  '53 cranbrook hydrive.

hey pete anderson- wasn't that your car i saw in ol skoolrodz?  or ck deluxe?  i swear i recognized your engine. . . .
  •  

XmikeyX

Im from Bergen County,NJ. Havent seen one Pre-1960s Plymouth owner around here.
I drive my car everyday, cause if I dont I could die tomarrow and never say I truely enjoyed my car.

1953 Belvedere named Belle
  •  

smccamey

Hey everyone - i just joined and am looking for info on my 1968 GTX.  I believe its got some fairly rare options, and am hoping to find a registry.  Also - looking for some other local members and cruise opportunities.  i'm in pacifica, ca.
  •  

Jim Yergin

1940ragtop,
The only local Plymouth club I know of is the Mid-Atlantic Region of the POC. Contact information for the region may be found elsewhere on this web site. I am a member of the POC but do not belong to the Mid-Atlantic Region.
Jim Yergin
  •  

Bob

40ragtop.
I have owned a 1940 P-10 Business Coupe for a numeber of years, if you email me at with your snail mail address I would gladly copy some aritcles about the history of the 1940 Plymouth to send them to you.
Welcome aboard,
Bob
  •  

40ragtop

Jim, thanks much. Going to take me a while to come up to speed with this car, so appreciate the offer, might just need a little help sometime.  Is there a Virginia based Plymouth or antique car club you would reccomend?

Bob, the car was in Rochester.
  •  

BryanD

My name is Bryan and I live in Beaverton, Oregon (near Portland).  I have a 1931 PA 2 door sedan.
  •  

Jim Yergin

Hi 40ragtop. I am in Warrenton, Virginia. I have a 1941 Plymouth Station Wagon. Please let me know if I can be of any help to you and your car.
Jim Yergin
  •  

Bob

40ragtop,
Nice looking convertible, I wish you all the luck in the world with it.
I see that it has 1940 NY Worlds Fair plates, I live in the Catskills of New York, just wondering what part of the state your Father-in-law was from.
Bob
  •  

40ragtop

New owner here, Alexandria Va.

My father-in-law recently passed away, and as  I watched the "vultures" descend upon my mother-in-law attempting to aquire his 1940 convertible, I decided the car should stay in the family, and bought the car myself. Its in very good running condition, no issues when being driven.

•  

4LUG39

Hello, I live about 30 miles east of Austin ,Texas in a little town called bastrop. I have more cars But these two fit this board. ::)

James
Ayudame.... Estoy en fuego!!!!
  •  

47MOPAR

Dan just an old Seabee, living in Grass Valley. CA
  •  

mrodady

•  

UPSbusinesscoupe

Brian Weinstein,
Los Angeles, Ca
1953 Plymouth Business Coupe  :)

•  

Airwing Gray

Greetings,

Paul and Barbara Chapman

Northern California in a small town called Mount Aukum, near Placerville.
E-Mail say hello and we can try to get these great cars together for a cruise.

;D
  •  

jax1-2

i live in norfolk va i am restorodding a 1969 plymouth satellite 4 door
  •  

knlckwd

Thanks Bob, I'll try and make it if so, do stop by and say Hello!

Ken
  •  

Bob

Ken,

Like Paul Harvey says, " Now you know the rest of the story"

I have been following the progress of the wagon on the POC for along time.

Now to find out that it is just downt the road a piece from Neversink,NY

Good luck with the car, hope to see it in person one day.

There is a large show and flea market at the Dutchess County fairgrounds in Rhinebeck the first full weekend in May

Bob
  •  

knlckwd

The photo was taken in Capitolaa the day we agreed to buy the car.
  •  

Go Fleiter

Ken, Congratulations, You got a beauty!
Is the foto at NY or at Capitola Wharf, Santa Cruz,, CA?

Wish You all a nice Summer!! Greetings ! Go.
Living in Düsseldorf/Germany, retired Dentist, wife retired lawyer, 2 daughters Judge and psychologist, 3 Grandchilds-Sorry for bad English
I like- PennsyRR- travelling Europe in my very original 51 Ply- My whole basement HO Germany based Model Railroad- 50ties stuff- Italy
  •  

49plymouthclubcoupe

Ken, very nice car........very nice.

John
John - Colorado
1949 Plymouth Club Coupe Special Deluxe
1949 Plymouth Club Coupe Deluxe
1949 Plymouth 4-door Sedan Special Deluxe
  •  

knlckwd

My name is Ken, I live in Bedford Hills, New York.? I have a 1949 Special Deluxe "Woodie" and a 1955 Ford F-100.
  •  

fine39

Hi:  My name is Lou and I live in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada (about a 40 minute drive east of Toronto) . 

I have 3 old cars but I am particularly fond of my '39 P8 sedan.  I bought it from the widow of the 2nd owner and the car has always been garaged and is truly an 88.000 mile survivor.  General Motors of Canada is headquartered in Oshawa, so it's nice to cruise around Chevy Town in a vintage MOPAR!!
  •  

Bill Davis

Hello, Go,

Name is Bill, live in Florence, Alabama (in the beautiful Tennesse Valley).

The car that I am now "caring for" was bought by my great aunt (my grandmother's sister)
in 1954.  After she died in 1973, car sat in garage for ten years.  Then, my Dad pulled
it out and started caring for it.  He gave it to me in 2002, on Father's Day.  Now, I am
taking care of it.  Still have a lot of things to do to it to get it "the way I want it".

-Bill
-Bill Davis, Killen,AL
1951 Plymouth P-23 Cambridge 4 door
  •  

Wm Steed

Go,  I can recall the winters in Germany very well. I was stationed in Fulda  during a couple of winters when I was in the US Army in 1956-58. The unit that we supported was charged with guarding the border between East/West Germany, which was before the East fenced the border, it was just a plowed up strip of land with forest and/or farms on both sides.

The winter weather in what was refered  to as the Fulda Gap was pretty cold, especially if one was in a forward observation post. From time to time we had to go up to a place called Wildfleckion, beautiful in the summer but not the place to be in the winter. I hope you have a better heater in your Plym. Conv than we had in our Jeeps/trucks, there was none in either.

You should  not be to ashamed of your English, you do a lot better with your English than most of us could do with German..... Hmmmm let me see now....das is prima, vigeights und vehieisen do,  vas is lous...... it has been a long time, maybe I had better quit while I am ahead.....Bill
39 Plym. Conv. Coupe
  •  

Carla

We're Trish and Carla, and we're located in the foothills out east of San Jose, California (about 50-ish miles SE of San Francisco)

We have a '34 Ply PE sedan (the black one on Tod's 33Ply web-site), a '54 Dodge military 3/4 ton which is set up as a commo vehicle (see it on our web-site 'www.tactical-link.com'), and a couple of older ('66 and '69 series IIA) Land Rovers which are our everyday transport.

cheers

Carla
  •  

JimCno

Jim Saraceno, in suburban St. Louis, MO

BTW... here is a website that you can find a map of old plymouth drivers... http://www.frappr.com/vintageplymouthdodgeowners
  •  

Ping

Just another kid at heart who ownes a 1940 Plymouth P10 Business coupe.  I origionally bought this coupe in December 1967 in the state of Massachusetts.  I sold it after owning it for 18 years.  Wrong thing to do.  I watched the car for 8 years and then found it was for sale again.  My father bought it back and three years ago gave it back to me.  She is home to stay.  I live in Maine in the summer months, then go south to Florida for the winter months.  We believe this is the best of two worlds, but the Plymouth only see's the roads in Maine during the summer  I did drive the Plymouth from central Maine last summer to Worcester Mass to the Summer Nationals car show.  Round trip was just a little over 700 miles.  The then 65 year old car never missed a beat. What more could one ask for?               John E. Pingree
  •  

35 plym cpe ute

hi My is John Dutchman living in Wodonga Australia , the cpe ute is my and the other one is one recently found
Mine is out of Barsby , Whilst the unrestored unit is out a unknown manufactorer
  •  

RickJL

I'm in Castlemaine, Victoria, - Hot rod centre of Australia according to the signs. My dad has the 29 and I have the Chrysler.
Ricky Luke
29 U Tourer
40 Chrysler Royal
Bendigo Victoria
Australia
  •  

Plymouthcranbrook

Jeff, Zion, Il   1952 Plymouth 4 door
  •  

49plymouthclubcoupe

John Smeltzer - Fort Collins, Colorado - along the eastern foothills of the Colorado Rocky Mountains....about 60 miles north of Denver, CO.? Retired Wildlife Management professional and doing things I've always wanted to do ..... with some fiscal constraints of course.?

John - Colorado
1949 Plymouth Club Coupe Special Deluxe
1949 Plymouth Club Coupe Deluxe
1949 Plymouth 4-door Sedan Special Deluxe
  •  

Bill Ward

Hello Go,

Bill here - living in Sandy, Utah - home of the "Greatest Snow on Earth"!

Go Mopar!
  •  

Edwin

My name is Edwin. I live near Venlo The Netherlands.

My car...... Just grease for now, feels like dirty bubble gumm. This is how it looks when you take off the cover.
1955 plymouth plaza suburban
  •  

Wm Steed

Hi everyone.........I live in southern California, Ventura to be exact. Since everyone is trying to daslel us with their cars, I guess I will try and ad a picture of mine....Bill
39 Plym. Conv. Coupe
  •  

OldCarNut

My name is Bill and I live in Aurora, Illinois.? I have a 1950 Plymouth Club Coupe and a 1939 Ford Deluxe Fordor.
Bill Gellert
  •  

Dennis Hemingway

I'm Dennis Hemingway and I live in Barstow, Calif. USA. I have a 1948 Plymouth.

My Wife's 56 Chevy
Photo Guy: WWW.hotrodhotline.com
Dennis
  •  

58savoy

hi My name is Brian and we live in Wellinton New zealand
  •  

Cotterpin

My name is Jess.? I live in Raytown, MO.? I own a 1946 Plymouth Special Deluxe it is the four door model.? It is currently being restored.
  •  

Bob

•  

Half A Plym37

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?My name is Roy, and i live in Norway
  •  

blueskies

Quote from: John Hendricks on January 24, 2006, 11:08:33 AM
Eagle Idaho

John-  I forgot you are in Eagle, just a stones throw from here... 

Pete

•  

Chris in Jax

if I did it correctly.....
what's the best & most user-friendly free photo hosting site I can use to get photos on here?
Chris Brown
Jacksonville, Florida
'37 P4 4-door Touring
'31 Ford Standard Coupe
  •  

my33ply

My name is Rich and I'm in Brighton, Michigan
Richard Cardeccia
1948 Plymouth DeLuxe 4 Door
1933 Plymouth PD Rumble Seat Coupe
  •  

John Hendricks

John Hendricks
  •  

Don Coatney

Don Coatney - Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Don Coatney
  •  

blueskies

Pete Anderson, in the Idaho Rocky Mountains and a little town called Hailey.

•  

Danny

Southfield, Michigan in warm months, Cape Coral, Florida for winter...since it is much warmer here than up north. 8)

Dan Hardin
1951 Plymouth 2 door wagon
  •  

Ed_Ungerman

My name is Ed and I live near Detroit Michigan. I have a '37 Plymouth Business Coupe. My other car is a Hemi Magnum. My wife drives a 2000 Dodge Dakota 5.9 R/T. I traded in my 1999 Dakota R/T for the Magnum. (Yes, we had his and hers R/T's).
We will be remembered by the tracks we leave behind.

1937 Plymouth Business Coupe
2005 Dodge Hemi Magnum
2000 Dodge Dakota 5.9 R/T
  •  

33plycoupe

My name is Bob. I live in Kokomo, IN. Yes, we have several beaches here. I own a 1933 PD Deluxe R/S coupe. I've had it about a year and a half. Thoroughly enjoy driving the Chrysler products.
  •  

Go Fleiter

Please check post "Location, name again"

I have an Excel file with a lot of us with what they put over the year: place, Hobbies, wife is judge of election, David P10 is of my year 51, 54plaza (Bob and Margie A.)  works with hist. air condition and electrics etc.,

Go.
Living in Düsseldorf/Germany, retired Dentist, wife retired lawyer, 2 daughters Judge and psychologist, 3 Grandchilds-Sorry for bad English
I like- PennsyRR- travelling Europe in my very original 51 Ply- My whole basement HO Germany based Model Railroad- 50ties stuff- Italy
  •  

Go Fleiter

Thank You all, so far!

Well, Bob Drown, no problem with Your City, as long as Your hobby remains Plymouth and not boats...

•  

Bob

My name is Bob Drown, I live in, don't laugh, Neversink,NY, which is located in the Catskill Mountains.
I own a 1940 P-10 Business coupe
  •  

POC-Admin

Ok, I - Mark Olson - live in the wonderful Northland of Minnesota.  Was born here a long time ago and have never left.  If you go as far inland on Lake Superior as you can - that is where I live - right at the Western point of Lake Superior.  Brrrrr!  It's cold here!
Live long and prosper!
My real name is Mark Olson
  •  

Bob Kinker

I'm in Chesapeake, Va.  I have the cars & trucks listed in my signature. Love the pushbutton transmissions!!!!!
1964 Plymouth Sport Fury
1964 Plymouth Belvedere
1964 Plymouth Fury
1964 Imperial Crown Coupe
1967? VW Beetle
1978 Dodge Magnum
  •  

davidP10

I'm in Auburn, Wa., David . Have a '36 chrysler C7 coupe, '38 dodge RC pickup, '40 plymouth P10 sedan.
? davidP10
  •  

mopardave

I am in Johnstown, PA.  First name is part of screen name - Dave
1928 Model Q; 1951 Cambridge Club Coupe; 1966 Sport Fury Convertible; 1975 Duster; 1999 Prowler

Johnstown, PA
  •  

Go Fleiter

Dear Plymouth Friends,

I would like to know where You live and what is Your first Name ( not necessaryly Family Name). While accepting everyones privacy, would it hurt if You put City and/ or State in Your Signature as lots of us do? Think it over?

Just an Idea - every body as he likes!!!  Go

•  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk