Plymouth Owners Club

General Category => Technical Discussion => Topic started by: jd2ksilver on November 11, 2006, 06:33:37 PM

Title: Vent for differential
Post by: jd2ksilver on November 11, 2006, 06:33:37 PM
Does anyone know the location of the vent hole for our differentials?? I have a 52 P23.? I am getting a leak out of the front seal.? I suspect it may be bad.? But the manual mentions if the the vent is plugged it would leak out of the seal.? I can't find it, any clues?

Thanks, John
Title: Re: Vent for differential
Post by: elmo on November 12, 2006, 12:43:33 AM
Hi  i have recently been given all the running gear from a 52 p23 Plymouth coupe by a guy that lives about 70 miles away who imported it from the states to hot rod. he has  put in a jaguar front end and rear end and intends to install a nissan V8.he heard that i had a 54 desoto diplomat (which is really a plymouth in disguise) so gave all the bits he didnt need to me . any way after seeing your post i checked the differencial,  and the breather is on top of the tee joint that connects the brake hoses . i hope this helps you .   Rex
Title: Re: Vent for differential
Post by: jd2ksilver on November 12, 2006, 12:51:33 AM
Thanks Rex, I will check it tomorrow.    ;D

John
Title: Re: Vent for differential
Post by: Don Coatney on November 12, 2006, 09:13:06 AM
Quote from: jd2ksilver on November 12, 2006, 12:51:33 AM
Thanks Rex, I will check it tomorrow.? ? ;DJohn

This is what it looks like.
Don Coatney

(https://www.plymouthowners.club/talk/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fv65%2FDonCoatney%2FDifferential%2Fventbolt.jpg&hash=73e9f3eb21096e9d4630d84db312dbe3f42c4bae)
Title: Re: Vent for differential
Post by: jd2ksilver on November 12, 2006, 01:04:04 PM
Great, thanks,, taking the car to Goodguys today.  Sunny weather.  Thank you for your help.