Plymouth Owners Club

General Category => Technical Discussion => Topic started by: samiam0821 on November 08, 2006, 08:29:48 PM

Title: Modifying brakefulid access panel?
Post by: samiam0821 on November 08, 2006, 08:29:48 PM
I am looking for a way to bypass the little access panel to add brake fluid on the drivers side floor. I hate to go to all of that work and then end up having to cut a hole in the carpet. I remember seeing a site where it had been done but can't find it at this time. Thanks, Camille
Title: Re: Modifying brakefulid access panel?
Post by: 12905 on November 09, 2006, 04:57:14 PM
Camille:

If there is clearance you can drill and tap the present m/c cap (go through, or plug, the vent) use 1/8 pipe fittings and clear plastic hose to add a remote reservoir. If you need to hide it, see if you can place it under the dash; otherwise put it on the firewall. I have done this on an off-brand vehicle (Chev) and I used the remote reservoir from an MGB, but there are many Japanese units out there to choose from. You can make one if you have to. The benefit if you make one is that you can put a flexible membrane between the cap with its vent hole and the fluid. This certainly puts a stop to the hydroscopic problem with the brake fluid.

Brian
Title: Re: Modifying brakefulid access panel?
Post by: samiam0821 on November 09, 2006, 05:15:12 PM
Thank you for the information Brian. Camille
Title: Re: Modifying brakefulid access panel?
Post by: samiam0821 on November 10, 2006, 11:43:33 PM
I finally found the web page that I was looking for! It includes pictures of modifying the master cylinder access opening. Camille
http://www.indfloorcoating-repair.com/48plymouthpackageshelf.htm