Plymouth Owners Club

General Category => Parts and Paper => Topic started by: Tailspin on August 08, 2013, 10:32:04 PM

Title: Distributor Cap Retainer Spring
Post by: Tailspin on August 08, 2013, 10:32:04 PM
Can anyone tell me where I can obtain distributor cap retainer springs for my Delco Remy distributor used on a 1931 Plymouth PA?  The original part number is:  816801

I am assuming that this spring is used on other distributor caps used on other model cars of this era

Randy
Wichita

Title: Re: Distributor Cap Retainer Spring
Post by: TodFitch on August 09, 2013, 01:17:11 AM
Quote from: Tailspin on August 08, 2013, 10:32:04 PM
Can anyone tell me where I can obtain distributor cap retainer springs for my Delco Remy distributor used on a 1931 Plymouth PA?  The original part number is:  816801

I am assuming that this spring is used on other distributor caps used on other model cars of this era

Randy
Wichita



That part is listed in the '28-'33 Master Parts List, United Motors Service section, as being used on all '28 through '34 Plymouths. My guess is that it would also be used on the '35 which used a Delco-Remy distributor. I also would not be surprised if it was used on many, if not all, GM makes in that same era.