Plymouth Owners Club

General Category => Parts and Paper => Topic started by: Lew on May 20, 2011, 09:50:35 PM

Title: 1937 gas tank wanted
Post by: Lew on May 20, 2011, 09:50:35 PM
Need major dent- free gas tank, part no.1064557, for '37 P3-P6.
We're located in N. Cal.
LR
Title: Re: 1937 gas tank wanted
Post by: Wm Steed on May 24, 2011, 01:59:57 PM
I would suggest that you contact "Tanks" 1-877-3844 (www.tanks.com) I used their polyethylene tank in my '39 Plym... It fit like an original. Several other guys I know have used the poly tank in their early Mopars. Tanks make steel tanks for many '30/40 model cars, mainly Chevy-Ford.. The big advantage to the poly tank is that the terrible fuel we now have will not rust the tank out... I had to recently replace a fifteen year old tank on my '57 T-Bird... The Bird tank was a NOS Ford item... In case you don't know, the fuel tanks, '37-38-39 Plym are all the same.... Bill