Plymouth Owners Club

General Category => Technical Discussion => Topic started by: Fr Mike on January 30, 2010, 01:36:45 PM

Title: Installing the radio in a 1936 Plymouth
Post by: Fr Mike on January 30, 2010, 01:36:45 PM
I know that, on a 1936 Plymouth, the stock radio control head slides in the dash in place of the driver's side ash tray, but how was the radio BOX itself mounted?

Does anybody know whether there was there a bracket (or special hardware) on the inside of the firewall or floor for mounting?

Thanks
Title: Re: Installing the radio in a 1936 Plymouth
Post by: JimCno on February 13, 2010, 10:30:30 AM
In the '35, the radio is mounted on the inside firewall high on the driver's side. I'm not sure if there was a bracket or not and I can't get to my car right now to check it out.