Plymouth Owners Club

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: POC-Admin on July 16, 2009, 01:44:37 PM

Title: Something rustier than the Tulsa Plymouth!
Post by: POC-Admin on July 16, 2009, 01:44:37 PM
Check out this rust case.

http://www.oldcarsweekly.com/article/Long_lost_Bugatti_retrieved_from_Italian_lake/

Makes the Miss Belvedere look pretty good.
Title: Re: Something rustier than the Tulsa Plymouth!
Post by: Eddie M on July 17, 2009, 02:41:50 AM
Mama mia that car is a mess!? :o
Title: Ascona, Switzerland, (Lake) Lago Maggiore
Post by: Go Fleiter on July 17, 2009, 01:53:39 PM
Maggiore Lake is the deepest in the Alps. One french Architect? in? 1937 left its 1925 Bugatti, which he drove 3 years with french plates (thus illegally) in Suisse, to his Ascona guest family. Not willing to pay the customs fare, they drove it into the lake.

I have been on this spot 1997, You see the boats in the background, where the Bugatti was drowned .

On the opposite shore of the lake, I saw a nice Plymouth 1956(?).

Switzerland had no important own car passenger car production, but some assembly plants for Mopars and GMs. Thus, you still find a lot of US cars there.

greetings! Go
Title: Re: Something rustier than the Tulsa Plymouth!
Post by: RC Drown on July 17, 2009, 03:45:28 PM
GO,

Thanks for posting more photos, you, your wife and that Plymouth sure do get around.

I always enjoy seeing the photos that you post of your trips in Europe.
Thanks again,
Bob
Title: Re: Something rustier than the Tulsa Plymouth!
Post by: Jim Benjaminson on July 19, 2009, 09:34:39 PM
Go - the Plymouth in the photo is a 1957.  Interesting story about the Bugatti.  I wonder what the taxes would have been on it?  Years ago I remember reading of an effort to retrieve a load of Rollin cars from a lake in the U.S.  Rollin's were made for a short period of time by Rollin White (White cars, trucks, etc).  I don't recall but I think they did manage to retrieve one car.  Makes you wonder how many more cars there are like that.  Hemmings Collector Car magazine in the last issue had a story about the lost Norseman show car that went down with the Andrea Doria in 1957.
Title: Re: Something rustier than the Tulsa Plymouth!
Post by: Bill Davis on July 25, 2009, 04:27:41 PM
I don't know, Mark.

A bit of wax and a buffer .....?
Title: Re: Something rustier than the Tulsa Plymouth!
Post by: Bender on July 26, 2009, 05:27:31 PM
I had to check this thread to see if somebody had posted photos of my 33 coupe.
Title: Re: Something rustier than the Tulsa Plymouth!
Post by: Eddie M on August 26, 2009, 12:40:39 PM
Nice pictures Go Fleiter. ;D