I?m changing my spare air filter pot to "solid state" paper filter elements, as described here and beautifully on the P15 D24 site.
The pot housing has two cylindric shots(?) jammed into each other plus the cover. In the center is the tube to the carb. It has two holes which seem to lead into an outer tube or / and into one other hidden room (ground floor)
What is this room for? See hand sketch, metric dimensions shown.
Any Ideas? Greetings! Go
Hello, Go,
Your drawing appears to be of one of many types of oil bath air cleaners used in the late 1930's to mid-1950's time period.
I don't know, exactly, why that design was used, except, possibly, as an attempt to better silence the intake air flow.
I can't speak Deutsch enough to explain the 'resonance chamber' idea as it applies here, and it would get too complex in English.
(That, and, even tho I've read about the theory of different air intake silencer designs, I can't remember enough, off-hand, to explain them adequately......I'd have to go looking for some old books/magazines to re-read)
cheers
Carla
Silencee Chamber-that seems convincing!
Thanks, Carla!