Plymouth Owners Club

General Category => Technical Discussion => Topic started by: DENNIS P NOLAN on November 04, 2007, 10:53:07 PM

Title: 1939 Paint colors
Post by: DENNIS P NOLAN on November 04, 2007, 10:53:07 PM
I want to get an exact (or as close as possible) to the color on my 39 P-8..whats that company or site when I could get some touch up??Thanks,Dennis
Title: Re: 1939 Paint colors
Post by: TodFitch on November 04, 2007, 11:19:36 PM
You can find out about the original colors at:

http://www.performancecoatings.dupont.com/bowstreet5/webengine/dpc/common/Controller

Make sure you don't have pop up windows blocked, then click on ?Visitor? the top of the page, then click on ?Color? on the top of the page, then click on ?Color Chip Library - Historical? on the left of the page, enter your key work (e.g. ?1939 Plymouth?).

You can also see paint chips at:

http://www.tcpglobal.com/autocolorlibrary/

I think the company at the second link might also be able to mix up paint.

I took my car to my local auto paint supplier and had them use their computer color matcher to mix up some touch up paint. It came out pretty close and that way it will match any fading on your car.
Title: Re: 1939 Paint colors
Post by: WRSW32A on November 10, 2007, 07:31:14 PM
I have a copy of paint chips. If I can help, please send email address and I will be in touch.

Title: Re: 1939 Paint colors
Post by: Go Fleiter on November 11, 2007, 02:46:51 AM
As my Ply has faded very differently, I had to mix 2 reds for the hood, one other for fender tops and trunk an one more for the side panels. I too had to let my paint people to find a mach for each. I love the patina look, but the paint is getting thinner and thinner each year,. I only wash and polish it once a year! Greetings! Go