Over the last two months I have been able to make a little progress:
- Installed new front windshield glass & gasket.
- Fixed the horn circuit and finished running all new wiring to the front clip.
- Installed the drivers side inner & outer wheel well & fender.
- Sandblasted, primed, & painted the passenger side front wheel well and fender.
Once the front clip is completely assembled (hopefully this coming weekend.)? I will start preparing the body for the paint shop.? ?It?s starting to get me excited again in that this long awaited stage of the process has almost begun.? I received the primmer filler yesterday via UPS.
I plan to prep the body in 5 sections:
1 ? The front Clip
2 ? The cabin roof.
3 ? The drivers side doors and rear fender
4 ? The passenger side doors & rear fender
5 ? The trunk & rear area.
It looks like a summer of grinding, filling, sanding, spot filling, sanding, wet sanding, spot filling, wet sanding some more, O yes and drinking many, many beers throughout the process.? I want to be in the paint shop by the latest.., mid September.
(https://www.plymouthowners.club/talk/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.chetscoins.com%2F1948p15%2Fimages2%2FBody%2520Work_02.jpg&hash=c6095eb877ce5b758619ab77bb00db3fb71ef1bb)
Installing the windshield I held the glass in place while my wife worked the exterior seal.? I gave her every tool imaginable but she preferred to use her fingernail to work the rubber around the metal.? She is quite a helper and after all these years she has become a very good innovator.? With the firewall painted with the finished color the exterior paint should blend nicely.
(https://www.plymouthowners.club/talk/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.chetscoins.com%2F1948p15%2Fimages2%2FBody%2520Work_01.jpg&hash=429bcab5b225e7e0291ce7e2713a4c07c0e65068)
The last of the body parts... Ya.!!!
Chet...
Your hard work is starting to show, good job.