'36 Ply. master cylinder replacement procedure

Started by Lew, April 28, 2018, 02:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

36splodge

You could do that however you will be pulling the rubber dust boot off the back of the cylinder or off the plunger and either way it may not be possible to get that back on. Good luck with that.
There were two configurations for the front and rear brake line attachments. Yours is one way that I have seen and then the other is how mine is. It requires and adapter on the bottom of the cylinder and a special 3 way tee fitting that bolts to the frame with a 5/16" U shaped tube connecting them.
I'm having to pull mine as the adapter has leaked from day one and I need to come up with a leak proof sealant for that. But I have the floor open as I am still under construction.
Have owned 3 Plymouths, the first 2 were just cars.....
  •  

Lew

Am replacing the master cylinder. Can the cylinder housing be removed leaving the plunger rod connected to the brake pedal?
Access to remove the cotter at the pedal shaft is difficult without removing the mat, gear shift cover and metal toe board. The small access door in the toe board for adjustment is also restrictive .
also, our housing has a plug at the forward end and a brass t fitting at the bottom for 2 brake line connections. Assume that this is the stock configuration.
Thanks for your input.
  •  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk