Old Photos

Started by RC Drown, February 07, 2017, 04:40:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twpoulter

Good to see your thread growing, great collection you have.
Tom in the UK       1933 PDX R/S Coupe RHD
1934 PE PU if there was one              1941 PT125 
  https://ctrestorations.com/
  •  

Bill Davis

I just looked and I can see all the photos all the way back to the first post on this topic.

Bob, nice photo you posted a few days ago.  What uniform is the fellow wearing ?  It looks like Navy
but the markings on the uniform are not correct for the US Navy.
-Bill Davis, Killen,AL
1951 Plymouth P-23 Cambridge 4 door
  •  

The Other Dr. Z

Quote from: RC Drown on April 07, 2018, 04:22:20 PM
most of the photos aren't available

Something funky is going on where the system needs the page to be refreshed. I think it's related to the image cacheing system. I never encountered this with SMF before. I've tried going back to php 5.6 but it's got to be something odd in the settings.

Update: I changed a setting and pics should now appear full-size rather than as thumbnails. Still having odd refresh issues and now permissions problems.
Dave created Allpar in 1994 and sold it in 2017. Mopar news • Books (minivans, Viper, Jeeps)Motales - Chrysler-Plymouth History and Cars
  •  

Go Fleiter

Living in Düsseldorf/Germany, retired Dentist, wife retired lawyer, 2 daughters Judge and psychologist, 3 Grandchilds-Sorry for bad English
I like- PennsyRR- travelling Europe in my very original 51 Ply- My whole basement HO Germany based Model Railroad- 50ties stuff- Italy
  •  

RC Drown

most of the photos aren't available
  •  

The Other Dr. Z

Quick note... I noticed some of these photos didn't show up at first. I reloaded the page and got an error message. I reloaded again and the pics were here. I hope it's just me and a transitory error but ... if all else fails reload.
Dave created Allpar in 1994 and sold it in 2017. Mopar news • Books (minivans, Viper, Jeeps)Motales - Chrysler-Plymouth History and Cars
  •  

RC Drown

I received this one in the mail earlier this week
  •  

Go Fleiter

I love this beautiful collection!
Greetings! Go!
Living in Düsseldorf/Germany, retired Dentist, wife retired lawyer, 2 daughters Judge and psychologist, 3 Grandchilds-Sorry for bad English
I like- PennsyRR- travelling Europe in my very original 51 Ply- My whole basement HO Germany based Model Railroad- 50ties stuff- Italy
  •  

Bill Davis

another transporter....
-Bill Davis, Killen,AL
  •  

Bill Davis

Here's another.  I would really like to have one of these woodies.
-Bill Davis, Killen,AL
  •  

POC-Admin

Great photos Bob - keep them coming - I will try to find some to add too.
Live long and prosper!
My real name is Mark Olson
  •  

RC Drown

when you said transporter, I thought you meant the trailer not the truck, you English talk funny LOL
  •  

Bill Davis

Tom,
Here are a couple of Dodges (I think) for you.
-Bill Davis, Killen,AL
  •  

Bill Davis

Tom,
No, unfortunately, this is all of the photo I have.  I did not crop it before posting.  Sorry.
-Bill Davis, Killen,AL
  •  

twpoulter

Quote from: RC Drown on February 14, 2018, 06:43:55 AM
is this one close enough
Thanks Bob, would have rather it was a 37 Dodge lol but I found later Dodge (I think) instead,
  •  

RC Drown

is this one close enough
  •  

twpoulter

Quote from: Bill Davis on December 16, 2017, 11:09:02 PM
One more.  I had to go back and re-size this one ....

Hi Bill, do you have a full side view of one of those transporters? Thanks
  •  

RC Drown

Here are some that I got this past week
  •  

RC Drown

This is a great photo, it almost looks as if she is in a WAC uniform, but with the shoes she is wearing and no military markings on her coat, not sure either
  •  

Bill Davis

One more.  I had to go back and re-size this one ....
-Bill Davis, Killen,AL
  •  

Bill Davis

Bob,
I will post a few more ...
-Bill Davis, Killen,AL
  •  

RC Drown

oops, I posted one twice and forgot this one, this one was taken in 1943, the two with the people standing by the '41 says July 4, 1944 on the back
  •  

RC Drown

Got these in the mail yesterday
  •  

Bill Davis

Bob,
Thanks for the great photos.  I had never heard of the Golden Key Contest held at the
1940 World's Fair.  Thank you for posting the photos.
-Bill Davis, Killen,AL
  •  

RC Drown

Bill you talk about the young lady winning the 1940 Plymouth.  Did you ever hear of the Golden Key Contest that took place during the 1940 NY World's Fair.

The Big Three would give a car away on their specific day, here are some photos of the winners and their new 1940 Plymouths.

I am so sad to say that the photos I found on the internet in a article about the contest. but I do have the envelope which I one on ebay
  •  

Bill Davis

Re:  the photo I just posted with the young lady winning a 1940 Plymouth, here is the story
that was attached to the photo when I first saw the photo, and the product mentioned.  I had never
heard of this product before then.
-Bill Davis, Killen,AL
  •  

twpoulter

One of my earliest memories of things mechanical. This Borough Superior SS1000 1932 Vee twin Jap, the only photo I have of it and I only ever knew it as a solo, the man pictured became my step father. Roll back to 1952, I was five, one of 4 boys that my mother raised single handed after my dad went to work one day and didn't come back, looking back gee things must have been tough.

The Borough had a few problems, we had a pair of heads cast and machined, I remember lapping in the heads to the point where you could pick the 2 parts up just holding on to the head. All the work was done on the kitchen floor as long as mum was out, anyway it all went back together and ran, my job was to watch the oil pump forcing oil passed a glass file showing that we had flow. The pillion seat was just a rectangular pad supported on springs from the mudguard. Boy did I have fun on that pillion, no helmets back then, hate to think how many miles we travelled.

Sadly my step dad died when I was seven and shortly afterwards the Borough, an Indian straight 4 and the Austin Seven all got sold for a few pounds. I'm the good looking lad on the R/H running board
  •  

RC Drown

•  

32cabrio

Can anyone ID the semi pulling the trailer full of new cars?
  •  

Bill Davis

Bob,
I will throw in a few .....
-Bill Davis, Killen,AL
  •  

RC Drown

•  

twpoulter

Here's a few for you Bob Pic1 getting ready to tow you can make out the original Reg OB 106 am told that the O is for Orange Free State  and the B is for Bloemfontein Pic 2 the couple that found the abandoned PD in 1970 while on honeymoon, Ralph Barnes from Durban SA was stationed in Bloemfontein while doing his military service
  •  

RC Drown

Here are some old photos that came in the mail today that I thought I would share, I hope you enjoy them as much as I do collecting them
  •  

RC Drown

I so agree with you, I have enjoyed this forum for many years.  Mark as done a great job keeping it updated and such.  I also wish that it was used more.

Here is one more I got the other day in the mail.  1939 Plymouth to the right
  •  

36splodge

Thanks Bob, You are one of the few that keeps this site from being a total dust bin.  I am so used to Facebook I keep looking for the LIKE button  ;). We all need  to post more to show folks that this can be a vital asset to the club members.
Have owned 3 Plymouths, the first 2 were just cars.....
  •  

RC Drown

no, I get them off of ebay
  •  

chetbrz

Hi Bob,

Nice old pictures.  Are the people in the pictures related ?

Chet...
Chester Brzostowski -- 1948P15 SpD & 1929 Model U Plymouths - Collector of vehicular lawn ornaments.? http://www.1948Plymouth.info   -   http://www.1948plymouth.info/28Q29U/
  •  

RC Drown

here are some old photos that I got in the mail yesterday, I hope everyone enjoys
  •  

RC Drown

Got this one in the mail yesterday, should have a few more in the next week or so
  •  

Go Fleiter

It is really nice to follow these posts!
  •  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk